“good Buffet”

Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hampton St.
Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good Buffet”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Only had a short time for lunch, so the buffet was the way to go. fresh salad, soups and I ordered sample size pieces of steak and other meat items. They were very quick.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ChaplainRuss

INDIANAPOLIS
“Tasty and Fun”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

There is so much food here so come hungry. The salad bar is huge and has many delicious vegetarian and seafood options, but the stars of the show are the skewers of meat...so much meat that the servers bring to your table. Chicken, beef, sausage, you name it, and it's all-you-can-eat. It's a little pricey, but there is a lot of value for your money. Also, they have a good wine selection (not included in the price, but with reasonably priced selections).

Visited October 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food was excellent, very well prepared. The venue allows you to enjoy the variety of different entries. Deserts were delicious.

• Visited February 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“good choice for lunch”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We recently went here for lunch with another couple. Initially , I was not enthused, as we have had dinner in another similar steakhouse and loved it. I did not think that a scaled back lunch version would be too hot. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was very well presented and although certainly not the same experience as dinner, a good experience non- the -less.

• Visited June 2014
columbia, sc
“Bad first impression”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time on Father's Day. I made on online reservation for 4 people, but included in the comments that we had 2 adults, 2 children and 1 toddler needing a highchair. We generally sit at a table for four because our toddler often ends up sitting on our lap. When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a hostess that asked if we had a reservation. The restaurant was very empty, less than half full. I told her we had a reservation. She looked it up and said "for a party of 4?". I said "yes, plus a high chair please." She very rudely indicated that I should have made the reservation for 5 and if I ever make another reservation I must make it for 5. She said it would take her a few minutes to put a table together. The restaurant was EMPTY. I said no problem and we continued to stand by the hostess stand. She again said it would be a few minutes. Ok, so we moved over to waiting area. Almost immediately, she indicated she was ready to seat us. She walked us to a wonderful round table that sat six people. There was no putting a table together. I have no idea why she made such a big deal about our reservation, but it certainly started things off on the wrong foot and made us feel very unwelcome.

Once seated, our waitress was ok. She greeted our table holding a large plate with 3 pieces of dessert. She took our drink orders and told us about the restaurant while holding these desserts. My kids were drooling! :) I finally asked what the desserts were for and she said for another table. I thought that was very strange…not sure why she didn't drop those off before greeting our table.

She asked us the age of our children and I said 5, 10 and 2. She didn't give us any real instruction on how to begin. If the gauchos came around with the meat, we didn't have plates. Apparently you have to walk up to the salad bar and bring a plate back to your table. It would make more sense that they start you with a plate at the table.

The salad bar had lots of great choices. The apple salad, chicken salad, mozzarella, asparagus, cured meats and broccoli salad were all fresh and delicious.

All of the gauchos were very friendly and did a great job bringing out anything we requested - even specific meat temperatures (medium rare, etc). The ribeye, ribs and pineapple were our favorites.

Our waitress did a wonderful job checking on us and refreshing our drinks. However, when she brought the check it indicated that we were charged for 2 children's meals (ages 6-10). Ages 5 and under are free, so we should have only been charged for 1 children's meal. I pointed this out and reminded that our middle child was 5 years old. She immediately became defensive and said I told her he was 6. I thought that her response was a little confrontational but before I could say anything she took off with the bill. When she returned 10 minutes later she said, "the manager went ahead and gave you the discount." She said it as if he had done us a favor - that we weren't entitled to the free meal. I said, "but he is 5, his meal should have been free - right?". Her response, "you said he was 6.". I finally said, I know how old my son is and I know I said 5. My husband and my daughter agreed that I had originally given his age as 5. I felt like we were being accused of lying about his age. She never accepted responsibility for her mistake and insisted I changed his age. While we were impressed with the food and service during the meal, we walked out feeling mistreated before and afterwards. $100 later, we felt the overall tone of the service was not customer friendly. We will definitely not be back.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank midlandsmom

Been to Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!