“They Ruined My $600.00 Polo Leather Coat”

Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 969 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, South American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hampton St.
Columbia, South Carolina
“They Ruined My $600.00 Polo Leather Coat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a large corporate function there. I will reccommend that we never patronize this restaurant again. They slice the meat in front of you at your table. We all had our coats draped on the back of our chairs. I noticed on several occasions that I felt grease droplets hitting my arms. I thought at the time "Oh My God" I hope they don't get any grease on my fine leather coat. I didn't think any more about it until the next morning and I realized I had better examine my coat. "Oh My God" they got steak grease on the front of this coat and it is ruined. I called and spoke with the manager and got "I'm sorry, it wasn't us ...you should have checked your coat before you left...etc". If you wear nice clothes and like fine dining you don't need to go here. I work at a Fortune 100 company and will recommend to corporate not to patronize this establishment again. Save your time and money, you don't need to go here. The meat was dry and overcooked. I wish I had never gone to this joint it cost me a $600.00 coat.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Stephen G

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was pleased to visit a Brazilian steakhouse after a long work week, but was overall disappointed by what I found at Cowboy.

A group of friends and I sat down and we were starving. It seemed like it took forever to get our server to come and visit us and take our drink orders. Then the drinks took forever to arrive. I was we'll into my steaks by the time the wine showed up.

Also the steaks were slow in coming. On friend in particular inhaled his steaks and had to sit and wait and wait and wait. The steaks eventually did come, and eventually we were satiated, but it took a maddeningly long time to get started, especially given how hungry we all were.

The salad bar was OK, but certainly not on the order of what I've seen at other Brazilian steakhouses.

I was taken aback when my whiskey cost me an extra dollar to put on the rocks. I'm not joking - an extra dollar to ice my whiskey.

This place has a lot of potential, and I do like that it was a locally-owned chain versus some big international chain, but the promptness of service and offerings did not meet my expectations.

3 Thank ColoradoDad
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Now, this place is a little pricey. But once you go and eat there I think you'll see why. Go ahead and plan on valet service for the car since it is downtown. The food is amazing! The salad bar is like no salad bar I've ever seen before. The meat is plentiful and delicious. This would be a great place I go for a special occasion to really treat yourself. And get some Guarana to drink while your there, it's a Brazilian soft drink that is really good.

1 Thank TNSel
Brighton, Michigan
“All-You-Can-Eat Filet Mignon, anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

That's the line that sold us, spoken by an outdoor patron as we perused the menu on the window. And right he was - we dined on an incredible assortment of meats including filet mignon, sirloin, flank, lamb chops, sausages and the most heavenly chicken drumsticks! Accompanied by a sophisticated salad bar with everything from blue cheese and olives to cold shrimp, salmon filets and prosciutto, 4-5 hot dishes, and of course, lots of greens and veggies, too. Friendly staff, great atmosphere, and divine singing by one of the delicious, food-wielding gauchos promenading the restaurant.
Thanks CBS for a great evening and for $30 you bet I'll be recommending you to meat lovers everywhere!

• Visited September 2012
Rockwell, North Carolina
“Wonderfully Unique Dining Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Phooey on those other reviews who don't give this place an excellent rating!!! No, I haven't been to Brazil, and probably never will; so I think this is an incredible dining experience--especially for the price. Hey, I just ate in Salisbury, North Carolina at a local eatery and paid $30 for a steak salad and piece of cheesecake! So this place rates high in my book. Plus, we celebrated a birthday, and the waiter, D.J. I believe, sang so beautifully. He's related to Ray Charles and is a med-student. He was so personable that I would go back just to talk with him. We also enjoyed the flan as a birthday treat!!! You can afford to take younger children, too, which you can't normally do at such places, because the prices are so exorbitant! It was worth the two hour drive it took me to get there, and much less expensive than traveling to Brazil!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank HillbillyPride

Been to Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!