“Southern hospitality, service & attention to detail....”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #26 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lexington, South Carolina
“Southern hospitality, service & attention to detail....”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The Wingate @ Harbison/Columbia is a very good facility. It is conveniently located off of I-26 and surrounded by shopping and restaurants that could keep the average shopper busy for weeks. It is also a short drive to the cultural offerings of Columbia.

In the past, my wife and I have enjoyed several stays at this hotel, but our last stay was quite memorable. We were in the process of moving to Lexington, while simultaneously conjoining two households from New York and Florida.

This time, rather than book the hotel through an online agent, we contacted the hotel directly. We told the staff what our needs would be for our stay of 8 days. Though our needs weren't demanding, they were certainly challenging. Long story short, the staff stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park.

We had a family member who was serously ill at the time, and the staff was genuinely sympathetic and totally accomodating to our changing needs. We are deeply appreciative of their efforts and in the future, will refer visiting friends and relatives exclusively to this property.

I couldn't help but notice the same employees at their jobs during each stay. I think the low turnover rate speaks volumes about how they run their business and accounts for the ongoing continuity of service. By the way, they offer a complimentary breakfast and we were eligible for the extended stay rate. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
What a nice review. It is Always a pleasure to see that a guest was pleased. As soon
as I read it, I printed it out and posted it in all departments. Thank you for making
us feel good about our hard work.

Please come back to see us should you need hotel accommodations in the future.

Jennifer
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This was a great location as well as a clean hotel where the employees were very freindly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
I love to see this type of review. Thanks for taking time to do this- please
come back to see us when in the area again
greenville s.c.
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at the Wingate when in town for a wedding.The hotel was very clean and the free breakfast was great.The staff was friendly and never hesitated when I asked for somthing.It is also in a great location for dining and shopping.I would recommend this hotel if you are ever in Columbia S.C.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
How nice of you to take the time to do this review- the entire staff strives to
make guests feel comfortable. I will pass this along to my staff
algiers la
Reviewed July 22, 2010

As always we are attracted to Wingates because of their spacious well laid out rooms. Some Wingates are showing their age but not this one. This one is clean and well run. They were fully booked the night we stayed but the staff handled it well, Those at the desk knew what they were doing and were most pleasant. The general manager Jennifer Perry was herself scurrying down the corrider checking to see if vacant rooms were ready for occupants. It is always nice to see management care that much. An excellent Carrabas Restaurant is close by. The free breakfast until 9:00 in the morning was good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Would recommend - stayed 4 nights for sons' graduation. Friendly & helpful staff. Nice size room & expanded breakfast buffet. Suggest trying the Carolina Ale House (ribs) and Texas Road House (steaks) both very close. Temps were extremely hot (102) so not much time spent outside.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
thank you for taking time to do this- It is always nice to hear from satisfied
guests. please let us be of service to you again should you have a hotel
need in Columbia
White House, Tennessee
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I needed a hotel on a budget for a conference I was attending in downtown Columbia. Hotels near the college were twice as much and didn't have near the ratings as this hotel. I've stayed at several Wingate hotels before and always had wonderful experiences and didn't doubt that when booking this.

I booked the hotel based on price + ratings, but was blown away by the cleanliness and courteousness of the staff.

We met the manager in the elevator and she asked about our stay and how we'd heard about their hotel. I mentioned that we saw the Trip Advisor rating and were impressed along with the competitive pricing.

She was glad to hear it and said to let her know if there was anything she could do to make our stay better.

Only one item could have been better for our stay. The hallway (4th floor) and elevator were extremely hot. We stayed on days in 95+ degree weather, but the first floor lobby was always comfortable. Perhaps the hallway A/C was broken. Either way, the heat from the hallway did not affect our room and I still highly recommend this hotel.

Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, July 3, 2010
Your review was so nice- thanks alot

Yes we did have a problem with hallways ac unit- but gladly- the problem
has been resolved.

Please come back to see us should you be in the area
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The manager was suberb. She showed me the room prior to booking, helped with my mother who had just lost her husband 3 wks prior and my mother has ovarian cancer. She was so sweet to my 4 yr old son. Always asked how my mom was and even gave my son a pack of M&M's. She also offered help with breakfast for my son and mom, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Your manager is definitely a keeper, one of the nicest people we have ever met and went above and beyond the call of duty.
Sharon Seabolt

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thanks so much for the rave review- I do hope you come back to visit us should
you be in the Columbia area again.