“Business/ Personal”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the end of October 2013. We were warmly welcomed, the room was quite clean and all the staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was nice and a good variety, with eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, etc. as well as the usual rolls, toast, yogurt, fruit. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee/tea maker in the room which some might find very helpful.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel for a nice, comfortable stay.
Customers should remember that if they encounter a problem they should call or visit the front desk instead of just complaining on TripAdvisor. We noticed someone had spilled coffee in one of the elevators and reported it to the front desk, instead of complaining on TripAdvisor about how "dirty" the place was. It wasn't dirty! They cleaned up the mess!
Anyway, we encountered excellent customer service at the Wingate and will return here if we ever find ourselves in Columbia again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi divakern,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean guest rooms, courteous team, and nice breakfast selection to fellow travelers. You said it best in your review - if you need something, just ask! Our goal is to provide a positive experience for each and every traveler, so we appreciate it when guests reach out to our team for assistance during their stay. Thank you for recognizing the hard work that our team puts in every day to ensure travelers have a wonderful experience at the Wingate. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the Wingate for a week with my husband as we were in Columbia celebrating my daughter's wedding. The bride to be stayed for one night and the bride and groom for two nights.
The location of the hotel is excellent, opposite a shopping mall and also there are loads of restaurants in the area. There is also a cinema nearby.

The hotel .... very clean, the rooms were lovely and the bed super comfortable. Towels ...designed for skinny people, it took two to wrap round me which I hate, pillows, also were tiny, I presume that is because if they were normal size people steal them, I don't know. They told me I could have more if I wanted but I found the half size pillows not 'normal'. (funny when I checked in I saw some people walking into the hotel carrying pillows they had just bought so other people obviously don't like them too).

The breakfast ... fast food help yourself, normal fare.

The staff ... day time staff were pleasant but the evening staff were not particularly welcoming and their command of the English language left something to be desired .... she told me that ;it would have been broughtened up to reception'. I had to repeat myself several times while asking for something as she couldn't understand what I wanted.

Note: if you have a shower watch out for the ceramic soap holder that sticks out just below eye level, midway along the side wall ... I bent down to get shampoo and almost knocked myself out on it ... have a lovely bruise on my forehead to recall my stay, in fact I just touched my head and when I felt the bruise it prompted me to write this review, lol.

Lastly, the hotel knew my daughter was getting married, I sort of expected perhaps a little something special from them for the room on the night of the wedding would have been a nice touch. However, what really surprised me was that when we left the hotel, with the bride all dressed up in her wedding dress ... not a remark ... not a congratulations ... nothing, we could have been a business man leaving for a meeting, very strange.

Would I stay there again yes ... I just think perhaps their front desk staff need to work a little on their customer service.

Room Tip: we had two rooms and both were king bed, they were very nice, haven't seen the rooms with twin b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi Shirlylane,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Wingate Columbia Harbison hotel while you were in town for your daughter's wedding. First, we would like to send a big congratulations to the bride and groom!! We hope that their wedding day was absolutely perfect! We cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean rooms, comfortable beds and convenient location to fellow travelers. We would also like to thank you for your constructive criticism. We have shared all of these concerns with our General Manager so that we can make necessary changes to improve the overall experience for future guests. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to each and every traveler, so we are disappointed to hear that you feel we did not live up to those standards on this particular visit. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention and hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve. Thanks again for all of your time! We appreciate it and hope to see you again!

Urbandale
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Thank you for your staff and their assistance and warm responses to our needs.. We had a good visit and your staff allowed for it to be that way.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank YOU Jim D, for choosing to stay with us at the Wingate Columbia Harbison hotel. We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in Columbia! We cannot thank you enough for recommending our friendly, helpful team to fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear that we are your home away from home in Columbia, SC and look forward to seeing you again in the future!