“CONFUSED” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #21 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ogallala
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed while you were changing water lines. (& was not informed of project). I experienced no water or cold water showers. Several other issues occurred also. You did comp a night of my stay. My daughter had stayed with you before & was very satisfied. I just happened to hit a poor time. The breakfast was very tasty. The staff was very courteous. The location is convenient to many things. I'll probably give you another try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Bonnie W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about our tasty, free breakfast buffet, our courteous staff members, and our convenient location. While we appreciate your compliments, we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We understand your frustrations due to lack of hot water and would like to thank you for your patience while we worked hard to get this problem taken care of. Unfortunately, although rare, these problems do pop up every now and then. We can assure you that it is always our goal to get the issue fixed as quickly as possible for our guests.
We are very happy to hear that you daughter enjoyed her stay with us and recommended our hotel! We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Wingate Columbia Management Team
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband stayed here for a week on a business trip and I met him in Columbia and stayed for one night. I didn't have any problems, but one of the nights my husband was here the water was turned off, apparently due to a broken pipe. Thankfully the water was back on the next day when I arrived. Besides that, I didn't have any major problems. It was quiet (we were on the third floor) and I loved the fact that it was by the mall. It was very easy to drive to--right off the interstate and easy to get to since there was a traffic light at the entrance to the road that the hotel is on. However, the parking lot was a little small and I had to park kind of far away from the front door. The breakfast was very good--I saw cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, waffles and more. The bed was slightly uncomfortable (the mattress felt flat), but I would stay here again if I ever again have the need to go to Columbia for more than a day (since I live only an hour and a half away, I don't frequently get a hotel when I visit. The next time I go to Riverbanks Zoo, maybe I will.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear nerdydog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a four star review about our hotel! We are so glad that your husband chose to stay with us for his recent business trip and that you were able to join him for a night in Columbia! We truly appreciate the kind words about our quiet atmosphere, our free hot breakfast buffet, and our close proximity to the mall and the interstate. However, we are disappointed to hear that you and your husband experienced a few inconveniences during your stay. We are very sorry for the lack of water during part of your husband’s visit and would like to thank him for his patience while we worked hard to fix our broken pipe. We are so glad that we had it all working again by the time you arrived at the hotel! In addition, we are sorry to hear that you had to park a little further away from the building than you would have liked. The parking behind our building is somewhat hidden, so we wanted to share this information with you! We have parking spaces in the back of the building as well as a door that guests can use to access the building with their room key. We invite guests to park under the overhang out front while they check in, and then encourage guests to use the parking spaces behind the building as well! Finally, we are sorry that you felt the mattress was a little flat. For your next visit, please let us know that you would like a different room and we will do our best to find a room that meets your travel needs! Thanks again for all of your time. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will visit us again soon the Wingate Harbison hotel. Please give us a call directly so that we can tell you all about our Riverbanks Zoo Package!

Wingate Columbia Management Team