“While in the hotel I had an issue that we reported the...”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 27, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had a very good stay! At check in, they were immediately upfront with the face that they were remodeling some rooms and that they would only work between 10 and 6pm. My room was directly about the remodel, while a little noisy, it didn't really bother me since I was traveling on business and would only be sleeping there and nothing else. They called my room and even asked me on my way out for meetings if I was happy with the room. They were so concerned about my satisfaction that their names stuck into my head. Their names were Shannon and Angela! Room was great and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great also! Even though the construction may have been annoying, I can't really say it was a negative, because they did everything they could to make up for it and I didn't even complain!
I can't wait to come back!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Treerollins,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Wingate Harbison hotel. We truly appreciate all of the kind words about our customer service, comfortable beds and delicious breakfast. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience at our hotel, so we are very pleased to hear your positive feedback. Shannon, Angela and the rest of our team will be delighted to hear your positive review! In addition, we appreciate your patience while we finish renovating the guest bathrooms. We are getting closer to completion and look forward to sharing these upgrades with all of our guests. As you mentioned, if there is any construction taking place at the hotel, it will take place between the hours of 10AM and 6PM so that guests can enjoy quiet time in the mornings and evenings. Thanks again for all of your patience while we work hard to finish up our renovations. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next business trip to Columbia, SC.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Harbison Management Team

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm a fanatic about reading reviews to find a good hotel before a stay and with some good and some bad, I still decided to give this hotel a chance. I am so glad I did! The hotel is in a great location: around 2 minutes from a variety of restaurants (Olive Garden, Chilis, Chipotle, and Outback) entertainment (such as Frankie's Fun Park and a movie theater) and right off the highway. The lobby is gorgeous, the staff was friendly and the room was beautiful and exceptionally clean. I stayed with my significant other for 2 nights and he and I definitely enjoyed the big screen TV and the comfortable bed/pillows. The breakfast was delicious with a variety of hot and cold items (eggs, sausage, fruit cups pastries, coffee, juice, yogurt, etc.) and ended at a reasonable time (10 AM). The price was also very reasonable considering the amenities, even on a college girl's budget. I LOVED my stay and will definitely be back anytime I stay in Columbia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brittany C,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Wingate Harbison hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location near delicious local restaurants, Frankie’s Fun Park, two movie theatres, a shopping mall, and Interstate 26. We truly appreciate the kind words about our gorgeous lobby, friendly staff members, and exceptionally clean rooms. We are so glad that you and your loved one enjoy the flat screen TV’s and comfortable beds found in each guest room. Thanks for joining us in the morning for our free, hot breakfast buffet. We strive to offer a variety of breakfast options, so we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the eggs, sausage, fruit, pastries, coffee, and more. We wish you the best of luck in your college career and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Wingate by Wyndham Management Team

Reviewed January 21, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed January 19, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rod L
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 1 night when driving from Florida to Ohio. The room was old and at best basic. The whole place looked like it could use a makeover. The one redeeming factor of the hotel was the front desk gentleman. He couldn't have been nicer and always acknowledged us whenever we passed through the lobby. The bed we had was okay...not super comfy and not uncomfortable...just okay. I can't comment on breakfast or anything else because we arrived late and departed early, And for those not familiar with the Harbison area, the traffic is a nightmare on weekend evenings.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear EmsMomTina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about our front desk staff member and the excellent ratings for our customer service. However, we are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay and would like to thank you for sharing comments about our guest rooms. Our rooms have been renovated over the past couple of years to include upgraded amenities such as flat screen TVs. In addition, all of our rooms meet Wyndham standards to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests. We offer a microwave, refrigerator and free wireless internet in each room. We hope that you were able to take advantage of these amenities. In addition, we are sorry to hear that you did not get to join us for our breakfast buffet. We offer a variety of breakfast options including eggs, bacon, sausage, make-your-own waffles, fruit, pastries, and more. Finally, we are sorry that you experienced bad traffic on this particular visit. Generally, guests really enjoy the Harbison area because it offers hundreds of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options. We strive to offer a positive overall experience for our guests and we are very sorry that we did not live up to those high standards during your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can offer you the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve. Thanks again for all of your time!

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Management Team