“Falling toilet seat lid”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband, teenage daughter, and I stayed at this hotel as we passed through South Carolina on our way to Florida. I booked the hotel through Priceline at a very reasonable cost. The hotel was somewhat difficult to find. Although it is located right off of I-26, it is on a side street directly behind the Holiday Inn (I think it shares a parking lot), so if you pull in there, you will see it. The hotel was very clean. The beds were so comfortable! We could have slept there more than one night! We didn't use the pool, so I couldn't comment on that. The TV was a large modern flat screen. We were able to hook up our laptop to the TV and could watch streaming videos with the free WiFi. (Don't forget to bring your HDMI cable if you need one!) There was also a small refrigerator and microwave which came in handy! There were delicious complimentary breakfast options the next morning...many more than you find a comparable hotels. We had biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, french toast, chocolate milk, etc. That is very nice when traveling, as we didn't have to get on the road and stop again for breakfast. Overall, this was a very clean, updated hotel with great amenities and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear DitkaFan,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Wingate Columbia hotel! We welcome all families that are looking for a place to stop and rest before continuing on to their final destination, and we are so glad that you chose our hotel! We appreciate the kind words about our clean hotel, comfortable beds, and complimentary breakfast. We are also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of the flat screen TV, microwave, and refrigerator featured in each guest room. We are sorry to hear that you had a little bit of difficulty finding out hotel. Here is a quick reference for all of our travelers: We are located just off Interstate 26, across the street from Columbiana Shopping Mall and directly next door to Bailey’s Sports Grille. Thanks again for all of your time. We really appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon at the Wingate Harbison hotel.

Wingate Columbia Harbison Management Team
Williamston, Michigan
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I travel back and forth to Columbia for classes I'm taking for a degree, and I have really liked staying at this hotel. Free wi-fi and the business center are a boon to a student, and a free hot breakfast was a good way to start the day.

The location is excellent--lots of shopping and restaurants right nearby, and as a woman traveling alone, I appreciate feeling safe going in and out at night. I actually bought groceries and ate in my room some of the time, which made the savings even greater over my two-week stay.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing an inexpensive and comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear AnneCody,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Wingate by Wyndham Columbia hotel. We are so glad that you choose to stay with us while you take classes in the Columbia area. We pride ourselves on having one of the strongest Wi-Fi systems in Columbia, so we are pleased to hear that you are able to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi and business center. We wish you the best of luck as you work towards your degree and look forward to seeing you again soon at the Wingate by Wyndham Harbison hotel.

Wingate by Wyndham Management Team