Aloft Columbia Harbison
$125
$100
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsyogurtstaff was friendlyfree breakfastoutdoor poolhot breakfastone night staynice staydesk clerkwould stay againpillowsmicrowavesccouchzoo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our over all experience was good. The room wasn't cleaned properly. I found a acrylic fingernail on the floor. The bath tub was dirty. The bedding was clean. Over all we would recommend hotel,

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Columbia Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Edwin R,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel and want to thank you for your recommendation. However, room cleanliness is a top priority for our team and the experience you described above certainly does not live up to our high standards. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Please know that we will share your comments with our housekeeping team so that we can improve our services for future guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can offer you one of the immaculately clean hotel rooms that we strive to provide for each and every one of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback!

Wingate by Wyndham Management Team

Reviewed September 29, 2012

After over 100 reviews on Tripadvisor, I had my initial review of this motel returned to me for the first time bacause I mentioned the night manager by name, so I am resubmitting my review in a kinder, gentler format. I made a reservation to stay at this place about 10 days prior to our arrival. We were on our way to the beach and I wanted a half-way point to break up the drive. We arrived at this place at 11:15 pm after driving for four hours. We checked in, were given a key to a room and discovered the room was still dirty upon opening the door; bed still unmade, bathroom filthy and a terrible odor. We went back to the front desk andvwere told there were no more clean rooms. While we were standing there two other couples checked in and were given rooms? When I asked why we had to wait for a room to be cleaned, yet others were given a room, I was told our room was dirty? I tried to explain to the night manager that we didn't actually have a room, but apparently because somebody in the morning put our name next to a room number, we could not be reassigned to a clean room? Why on earth we were made to wait 40+ minutes for someone to clean our room at midnight when there were two clean rooms available I will never know. I ran a 400 room Sheraton hotel in my career, and we would never have treated a guest in this manner. Never, ever will we stay at a Wyndham property again. They comped our room, but that did not matter. I would willingly have paid double to check in at 11:15 instead of after midnight!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iamstoked22
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Columbia Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear iamstoked22,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Wingate hotel. We are very disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations and want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the lack of warm welcome that you felt when you arrived at the hotel. Please know that this issue will be discussed with our team so that we can make improvements for our future guests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can offer you the excellent customer service that we strive to offer each and every one of our guests. Please contact our General Manager, Michelle Parks, if you have any additional questions or comments.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Harbison Management Team

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful as usual. The location is convenient for my work in Columbia,SC and is convient to many restraunts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Columbia Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Robert m,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you spent time in Columbia, South Carolina on a business trip. We appreciate the kind words about our friendly, helpful staff members and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy our close proximity to various local restaurants. Thanks again for all of your time. We hope you will visit us again soon at the Wingate Columbia hotel.

Wingate by Wyndham Management Team

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I like this hotel and have stayed here before. However, this time the glases were not washed when they were used. They were simply placed on the tray. I have never had a problem like this before. I was not able to report it until the day we were leaving. The new manager told me she would check on who cleaned the room. I hope she does because this is a really nice place to stay.

Dear Nancy B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you and your family have stayed with us on multiple occasions at the Wingate Harbison hotel. However, we are disappointed to hear that you experienced an inconvenience during your September stay. We strive to offer spotlessly clean rooms to each and every one of our guests and we are sorry that the glasses were not cleaned on this particular visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention during your stay. As our Manager mentioned, this concern has been shared with our team so that we can make improvements for future guests. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we can offer you the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve!

Wingate by Wyndham Harbison Management Team

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room could of been fresher. Air smelled musty The Hot Tub was empty and no notice of this was given prior to check in

Dear DonnaWcrystallake,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to offer clean, comfortable guest rooms to each and every one of our guests and we are sorry that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. All of our guests are given complimentary access to Gold’s Gym which is really nice during the winter months because guests can use their indoor pool, hot tub, and workout facilities. We have shared this review with our team so that can make necessary improvements and better serve our future guests. Thanks again for all of your time. We truly appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can offer you the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Wingate Columbia Harbison Management Team