“Second time staying here and we will be back again”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights with our young children while visiting someone at the University of South Carolina. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from the campus, but we had stayed here in the past and knew that it was good for our family.

It's not a super fancy hotel, but our room was clean, spacious and nicely furnished. The free continental breakfast was excellent, and the people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We had already planned to go to the Riverbanks Zoo during our visit and at check in learned that we could get discounted tickets from the front desk.

The price is right as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for taking time to do this review- I was very happy to see that you were
satisfied with your stay. Your comments will be shared with all the departments.
Please come back to see us

J Perry

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stopped here for one night and this hotel is simply great. Front desk is very friendly and gets you taken care of quickly. Bed and pillow was too nice to get out of bed in the morning. Breakfast selection was good and not the usual simple hard dougnuts and coffee. Will make this a stopping point for when I travel East.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

How nice of you to write such a nice review- I will post this for all of the staff to see.
Thank you for choosing Wingate by Wyndham- hope you will come back to see us

J Perry

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Keep up the good and hard work thats what makes people come back. MY husband and myself stay at alot of hotels for business and this one is one of the better ones!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for taking time to do this review- I will definitely pass these wonderful
comments on to the entire staff

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I returned to Columbia last month and there was no hesitation on where we were going to stay. The Manager, Jennifer greeted us as if we were friends for years when we checked in and it's really nice that the hospitality she shared was as pleasant as it gets. Most Hotels just process you,give you your room keys and it's "Hi -Goodbye" but not here.
The room we requested Jacuzzi Suite was very spacious and very ,very clean and it had a fresh scent upon entering. Kudos to the Housekeeping staff there as they always had a service with a smile attitude.

Parking was free in a nice lot outside and in the morning the kitchen staff always maintained a nice serving of Breakfast.It was more then adequate to start your day and again that hospitality was always present with a nice smile.

You can go to a 4-Star Hotel with an ice cold attitude towards their guests,
or you can go here and relax that you are most welcome.
My wife and I will take the latter.
Forgot to mention,
The poll was well maintained too.

Whenever we visit here,I have no hesitation looking for a nice accommodation,
You are the best Jennifer, Keep Smiling!
Great Hotel and very affordable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful review- This made my Monday morning- thank you for taking
time to write the review- I am so happy you were pleased- please come back
to see us

Reviewed August 15, 2011

When I made reservations for two rooms, I was so pleased with the service I received. When we arrived to check in at 3PM, we were told the rooms were not ready. The desk clerk acted overworked and put out that she was having to assist me. The lobby was full of other guests trying to check in also. I finally found another clerk to assist me in checking in, but was never given an apology. The room we stayed in was OK but the bathroom tub had mold forming in places. This was my first and last stay at Wingate Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

I was very disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your comments serve
as a tool to better serve all our guests- so I will definitely go over your review
in our next staff meeting. Thanks for taking time to do this

Reviewed August 7, 2011

The first room we were put in had mold all in shower and on shower head. The walls were dirty, so we called the front desk and they moved us...... The next room was better but not what you would expect for $75/night...... Shower head was filthy, the bathroom counter was barely attached, the walls were dirty in the main area...... the key to the room didn't work half of the time and the beds were not comfortable at all........

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JerrySpartanburg_SC
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

I am sorry that you did not find your stay pleasant- I do appreciate you taking time
to do this review as your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests

Reviewed August 5, 2011

After driving 12 hours with my family, we arrived 9 in the morning. Our plan was to rest at the outdoor pool until our room was ready at 3 p.m. We were told we weren't allowed until we checked in. This ruined our first day and night in Columbia, SC. Exhausted, we went to the mall across the street for a little while, then downtown Columbia. After that we went next door to Bailey's (which by the way) was great... lunch specials with free billiards. We stayed there until our room was ready at 3 p.m. Once checked in though, we were so pleasantly surprised. The beds were so comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the outdoor pool was great, the kids loved the indoor spa and the complimentary breakfast buffet was much more than we expected. All in all a great place to stay!! Just don't get there too early haha.

Room Tip: You wont be allowed in before check in. Plan accordingly.