“Visiting Columbia?...You can't beat this Hotel in all around Southern Hospitality”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Ranked #25 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I returned to Columbia last month and there was no hesitation on where we were going to stay. The Manager, Jennifer greeted us as if we were friends for years when we checked in and it's really nice that the hospitality she shared was as pleasant as it gets. Most Hotels just process you,give you your room keys and it's "Hi -Goodbye" but not here.
The room we requested Jacuzzi Suite was very spacious and very ,very clean and it had a fresh scent upon entering. Kudos to the Housekeeping staff there as they always had a service with a smile attitude.

Parking was free in a nice lot outside and in the morning the kitchen staff always maintained a nice serving of Breakfast.It was more then adequate to start your day and again that hospitality was always present with a nice smile.

You can go to a 4-Star Hotel with an ice cold attitude towards their guests,
or you can go here and relax that you are most welcome.
My wife and I will take the latter.
Forgot to mention,
The poll was well maintained too.

Whenever we visit here,I have no hesitation looking for a nice accommodation,
You are the best Jennifer, Keep Smiling!
Great Hotel and very affordable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
What a wonderful review- This made my Monday morning- thank you for taking
time to write the review- I am so happy you were pleased- please come back
to see us

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lyman
Reviewed August 15, 2011

When I made reservations for two rooms, I was so pleased with the service I received. When we arrived to check in at 3PM, we were told the rooms were not ready. The desk clerk acted overworked and put out that she was having to assist me. The lobby was full of other guests trying to check in also. I finally found another clerk to assist me in checking in, but was never given an apology. The room we stayed in was OK but the bathroom tub had mold forming in places. This was my first and last stay at Wingate Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I was very disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your comments serve
as a tool to better serve all our guests- so I will definitely go over your review
in our next staff meeting. Thanks for taking time to do this
Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The first room we were put in had mold all in shower and on shower head. The walls were dirty, so we called the front desk and they moved us...... The next room was better but not what you would expect for $75/night...... Shower head was filthy, the bathroom counter was barely attached, the walls were dirty in the main area...... the key to the room didn't work half of the time and the beds were not comfortable at all........

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JerrySpartanburg_SC
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
I am sorry that you did not find your stay pleasant- I do appreciate you taking time
to do this review as your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests

New City, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2011

After driving 12 hours with my family, we arrived 9 in the morning. Our plan was to rest at the outdoor pool until our room was ready at 3 p.m. We were told we weren't allowed until we checked in. This ruined our first day and night in Columbia, SC. Exhausted, we went to the mall across the street for a little while, then downtown Columbia. After that we went next door to Bailey's (which by the way) was great... lunch specials with free billiards. We stayed there until our room was ready at 3 p.m. Once checked in though, we were so pleasantly surprised. The beds were so comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the outdoor pool was great, the kids loved the indoor spa and the complimentary breakfast buffet was much more than we expected. All in all a great place to stay!! Just don't get there too early haha.

Room Tip: You wont be allowed in before check in. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
thanks for writing this review- I remember this- the desk clerk came back and asked
me if a guest is not registered could they use the pool- I told her no due to liability
issues. I was not aware you had reservations- of course you could have used the pool
while waiting. I apologize for the miscommunications. Thanks for the nice comments
about our hotel. I do hope you come back to see us
South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Staff was very helpful. We got in a little early and were able to get into our room immediately. The rooms were very comfortable and clean.

2 Thank KaySC_8
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thanks for the review- It is a pleasure to read such good comments and I will definitely
share this with the entire staff. Please come back to see us should you be in Columbia
again.

Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My family was in town for an overnight stay. Hotel was clean for the most part, but I'm alittle picky. They just need to do a major spring cleaning, things like the signs on walls full of smudges, carpet in my room had a sticky stain. But nothing that made me want to leave.

Great hot breakfast, alot of varitey. Staff very friendly and helpful. Business center nice but if your using the wireless it's alittle slow. The elevators were very hot.
Didn't use pool or fitness center

The Columbiana Center Mall just across the street(which my kids LOVED) a very nice mall.

Hotel just mins from interstate...I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked on hotels.com and got alitttle savings
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thanks for taking time to do this review- I will pass this along to all my staff.
Please back to see us should you be in this area again.

j perry general manager
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My name is sheila ,we attended a convention in June 23-26,2011,we stayed at this hotel it was excellent ,the staff were super great Josh & Justin .The rooms are nice ,food was good and hot, my first time ever making waffles.My family had a nice time ,swimming pool was clean not over crowded,we slept good beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
How nice of you to take the time to write this review- I will pass these comments on
to my employees- Please come back to see us should you be in the Columbia
area again