“nice hotel near fort jackson and restaurants”

Super 8 Columbia/Ft. Jackson, SC
Ranked #61 of 94 Hotels in Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2011

On our way to Florida from Ohio we stopped in at the Super 8 in Ft Jackson/
Columbia SC. We didn't stop until about midnight- we were tired but I've traveled enough to make sure I look at the room before comitting. As it was, the owner was there training a new desk clerk. When I asked to see the room, he enthusiatically offered to show me the available rooms. This room was very clean and well kept - not the typical "motel". I was very impressed. Being from a large city in Ohio and concerned about bed bugs, I pointedly asked him about them. The owner pulled back the sheets on both beds and showed me that there were new mattresses. He also patiently explained how to look for the tell tale signs of bed bugs. It may not have been the Hampton (It wasn't as expensive either) but it was an excellent value. I would recommend it. Also would recommend checking for bed bugs no matter where you stay.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before renting
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank carmen7978
super8columbia, Manager at Super 8 Columbia/Ft. Jackson, SC, responded to this review, December 28, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for sharing you recent experience here at the Super 8 fort jackson Columbia Downtown. We sincerely appreciate the kind words you have provided in reference to our property and our staff members. We would love to have you return as our valued guest during any future travels to the Downtown Columbia area. Have a great day!
Cadyville, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed here because my son was graduating from boot camp. It was not a pleasant stay. The room was okay but the staff seemed like they didn't want to bother with us. There were all kinds of cobwebs in the stairwells also it is not located in a very attractive place. If you don't mind pavement everywhere and no trees of flowers then stay here. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hiker4life
Statesville, NC
Reviewed September 3, 2010

What a sleazy diry dump! First the positive: Our reservation for two nights was booked online. We arrived late at night. They were prepared for our arrival. We were greated by a friendly and effiicient night clerk named Shelly. Here's ends the positive segment of our review.

We entered a hot room. Keep in mind this is South Carolina in August. The window AC unit was off. One can only assume is was intentionally left off to conserve energy costs. The room temperature was 80+ degrees.

The shower stall was filthy. Guests are provided two small bath towels that are only marginally bigger than a hand towel. No soap was in the room. High speed internet access is not provided as advertised. No continental breakfast is provided as advertised. But most disturbing were the bed bugs living between the matress and box spring. Yep, bed bugs. It's worth repeating, this motel is not only dirty it is infested with bed bugs.

We couldn't get away from this dump fast enough. This is a low rent, bed bug infested, and unkempt motel. At $70 per night it is 50% overpriced. But I would never stay here again even if it were free.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GerardStatesville_NC
Dear Valued Customer ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our property as your feedback is important to us.I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent experience as our guest. I have shared your comments with our leadership, in an effort to continue improving our services and our property. We hope that you will consider giving us second chance in the future as we promise to provide you with a a more satisfying experience. Thanks again for sharing your experience and enjoy your holidays!
florida
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed at this motel for 5 days, it was a great stay, I came to see my son's graduation, and had my children with me and was given a roll away cot for a very small fee, as we needed extra bedding. The staff was quite courteous and helpful. Can't wait to go back
The Roman family
Florida

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hello,

nc
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Dropped in here very late. Was charged $70+ even with AAA. As I unpacked my car I was approached by a guy in the parking lot looking for money.

Not the best location, not a very good value. I'd look towards other options.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hwt.