“WARNING: Bed Bugs! and carpet nails in floor.”
Review of Super 8 Columbia

Super 8 Columbia
Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

SO we were in a hurry to get to a senior friend and drove too far and too late in evening. At 3am i needed to rest. Pulled into this hotel and man was nice said he could give us room at 55 a night instead of the 65 he normally gets since it would be a short stay. I thought it would be a quick sleep and shower in a AC room.
Room 108 had a smell but I thought it was just cleaning fluid. Next the AC did work but it was internally set to 80+ degrees. You could not get it any colder. I keep fan on and passed out. I awoke itching and needing the bathroom. THe room was sticky with cleaner but it had not been mopped up. A drip in the bathroom dripped collected water on the floor and towel rack was out of the wall and hanging. How does anyone not see that and fix it?
As I sleepy walked to my bed and put my foot on threshold of door between restroom and main room. Carpet nails were sticking up thru the thin carpet. I had 4 holes in my foot.
After I got the bleeding to stop I tried to call the desk but the phone was dead.
My wife was still asleep so I tried to make the most till morning.
We both woke up to itchy bug bites.
The bed was full of lice or bed bugs.
Bugs were in the bathroom and the towels were large thin hand towels. I took pictures that showed the manger who was rude to me and told me how spoiled Americans were and how India people owned all the hotels. I never got to tell him that I have friends and relatives from his country.
Top 2 of my list of worst motels I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Stay away- Bed Bugs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeff B
Sonny P, General Manager at Super 8 Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

thank you for taking the time to write a review for the motel, we read each one to better help our guest experience.

In your response you talked about the towel rack being nor right and the nail in the carpet has you enter the bathroom, i wanted you to know that has been properly fixed and we also have taken out the old AC (that you said didn't want to go under 80degrees) an put in a brand new unit that cools down cooler than a winter up north. Also we have called Orkin to better spray our rooms so that doesnt happen again.

We do hope that next time you come into town that we can get a 2nd chance and offer a better experience for your family. If there is anything you would like to speak with me about please feel free to email me at super8columbia@yahoo.com. Il be more than welcome to chat back and forth with you.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Motel good.
good location and easy access to interstate. Attendance at checkin and checkout was very attentive and helpful.
facilities in the room were in good working order. Internet worked and with good speed.
breakfast very good and diverse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

SUPER 8 columbia, sc - smelled like urine, staff was so rude i couldnt believe it! They yelled at us at check out time! Yelled and banged on the door!! My husband and i travel a lot and like to stay at cheap places, save some money,but this was the worst i have ever been in!!! At the end of my stay i had to report them to the better business bureau, Super 8 corporate, and the POLICE. Charged $250 to my card saying we smoked in the room - absolutely absurd! I reported them for fraudulent charges! Horrible horrible place STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: Simple, dont stay at this hotel!!! DONT DO IT!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business