“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #65 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Valrico, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I should have heeded others' advice. The female staff member was lazy & rude. Maintenance was extremely poor. I could have repaired items better than whoever made the so called repairs at this place! The only person who was courteous and helpful was the young man who helped us with the safe. Breakfast was ridiculous. Though the female staff was watching TV with her back to us, she didn't inform us that the milk and condiments were in the small refrigerator. She claimed the waffle maker was broken, No bagels, fruit or cream cheese as when we previously visited. And the jelly was solid because it as so old. As protest, I was going to let her clean our table and she threatened to charge us $50 dollars on our charge if we left the few things there! Stay anywhere but here! It's not worth the little savings! Hand towel was missing. Hope they don't charge us for that! She actually had the nerve to ask another guest to bring their one set of towels to her after use so she could give them the other set they needed!

Room Tip: Don't!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank araro1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tallahassee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

The experience was horrible. The female manager was clearly acknowledging that she does not like African Americans. I never experienced racism until I stayed at this place. The rooms were horrible. Please DO NOT STAY THERE. Convenience is not always good.

1 Thank Shanda H
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

There employees are rude miscourteous there rooms are terrible didn't seem clean enough fridge was filthy sheets were smelly and old

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Let's face it - it's a Super8, not The Trump.

But having said that, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable after a fourteen hour drive across the country. The bathroom was stocked with various ammenities and although the breakfast area the next morning was incredibly small (only one small table with three chairs), it was still free and what was offered was enough to tie us over until lunch.

Nothing to boast about, but nothing to really complain about either!

Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were on our way to St. Louis from Kansas City. The room was over priced and a smoking room, last one left. The attendant gave us a bottle or room refresher, which didn't work. We smelled of ciagarette smoke, left as soon as possible. The smoke was even in the mattress. I brought a candle, was the attendant didn't have any matches, because of a fire hazard. A big discount should have been given because of the poor air quality of the room. We should have driven on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

The lady who I'm guessing is the owner was rude. We stayed here as we are truck drivers, and instead of running our truck we'll often stay in a motel. This is for sure the rudest operation we've encountered. We paid $15 a day extra for our dog who is well behaved most of the time. But the first day she (the owner) stood outside our window and stared in to our room, and our dog was pretty upset about that, and put his paws up on the a/c unit, which we don't allow him to do, and she's yelling in the window.."GET THE DOG OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER!" As she stood there staring in to our room.

Later we were looking for my cell phone and I thought maybe I dropped it near the entrance when we had checked in. So I went in to the office...no one there and waited and nobody came. So I left and came back a while later, and she was there. I asked her if anyone turned in a cell phone, and she became very defensive, "We haven't CLEANED your room because you have a big dog!"
Okay...."but did anyone turn in a cell phone?"
And she repeated what she said. I figured that was a waste of time, so left.

Plus the office was kind of strange in that there was a pillow and blanket on the couch in the lobby as if someone had slept there..that was odd.

This morning he had to do his business, so I walked him across the parking lot to an arborvitae bush and he did his thing. I heard someone yelling, and looked, she was yelling something about having vegatables growing there (looked like a bunch of weeds to me...so who knows). She was very hard to understand, so I'm not sure what she was yelling. I just walked my dog away and made sure he was done and headed back to the room wondering what vegatables she had growing there.

Thankfully we're checking out this morning and will be sure NOT to stay at any Super 8 if the attitude of management is such as this woman was.

Yes, the bed was hard as a brick..the bathroom could have been cleaner for sure as well.

Next time we'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Kris B
Mount Olive, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

when we arrived there was no one in the main lobby to check us in and it was extremely small i had to wait until the boy came from upstairs and den he charged us and he was extremely nice so we went into the room and it smelled liked someone threw a million moth balls into the room to try to cover up a bad smell it was horrible it was extremely hot we had been driving all morning and shopping all day so when we went it was around 9 pm and we were ready 2 jump into a fresh cozy cool bed but it just didnt end up that way we had to wait about 2 hours until the room cooled down and it was aproblem becuz the curtain was hanging right above the ac and the air was going under the curtain instead of out into the room so my husband and i decided 2 sit our shoes against the curtain so it cud stop flapping. the smell eventually went away i guess it was from where the room was closed for such a long time but we had to put our towels across the bed becuz we just didnt feel comfortable sleeping in the bed we hardly got any sleep. so the next morning we decided to go to walmart and buy 2 comforters and 2 pillow cases we spent about 200 just to stay at the hotel comfortably i wouldnt recommend this hotel to any one and we had to pay 2 different prices for the 2 days that we stayed there the first night was 54 and the second day was 56 i didnt seem to understand why the price had changed it was weird. defenitely wouldnt recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Days Inn Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
#8 of 10 in West Columbia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Ft. Jackson

Been to Super 8 Columbia? Share your experiences!