“We were tired and needed a room”
Review of Super 8 Columbia

Super 8 Columbia
Ranked #65 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were on our way to St. Louis from Kansas City. The room was over priced and a smoking room, last one left. The attendant gave us a bottle or room refresher, which didn't work. We smelled of ciagarette smoke, left as soon as possible. The smoke was even in the mattress. I brought a candle, was the attendant didn't have any matches, because of a fire hazard. A big discount should have been given because of the poor air quality of the room. We should have driven on.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Columbia

Reviewed August 28, 2011

The lady who I'm guessing is the owner was rude. We stayed here as we are truck drivers, and instead of running our truck we'll often stay in a motel. This is for sure the rudest operation we've encountered. We paid $15 a day extra for our dog who is well behaved most of the time. But the first day she (the owner) stood outside our window and stared in to our room, and our dog was pretty upset about that, and put his paws up on the a/c unit, which we don't allow him to do, and she's yelling in the window.."GET THE DOG OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER!" As she stood there staring in to our room.

Later we were looking for my cell phone and I thought maybe I dropped it near the entrance when we had checked in. So I went in to the office...no one there and waited and nobody came. So I left and came back a while later, and she was there. I asked her if anyone turned in a cell phone, and she became very defensive, "We haven't CLEANED your room because you have a big dog!"
Okay...."but did anyone turn in a cell phone?"
And she repeated what she said. I figured that was a waste of time, so left.

Plus the office was kind of strange in that there was a pillow and blanket on the couch in the lobby as if someone had slept there..that was odd.

This morning he had to do his business, so I walked him across the parking lot to an arborvitae bush and he did his thing. I heard someone yelling, and looked, she was yelling something about having vegatables growing there (looked like a bunch of weeds to me...so who knows). She was very hard to understand, so I'm not sure what she was yelling. I just walked my dog away and made sure he was done and headed back to the room wondering what vegatables she had growing there.

Thankfully we're checking out this morning and will be sure NOT to stay at any Super 8 if the attitude of management is such as this woman was.

Yes, the bed was hard as a brick..the bathroom could have been cleaner for sure as well.

Next time we'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Kris B
Reviewed May 16, 2011

when we arrived there was no one in the main lobby to check us in and it was extremely small i had to wait until the boy came from upstairs and den he charged us and he was extremely nice so we went into the room and it smelled liked someone threw a million moth balls into the room to try to cover up a bad smell it was horrible it was extremely hot we had been driving all morning and shopping all day so when we went it was around 9 pm and we were ready 2 jump into a fresh cozy cool bed but it just didnt end up that way we had to wait about 2 hours until the room cooled down and it was aproblem becuz the curtain was hanging right above the ac and the air was going under the curtain instead of out into the room so my husband and i decided 2 sit our shoes against the curtain so it cud stop flapping. the smell eventually went away i guess it was from where the room was closed for such a long time but we had to put our towels across the bed becuz we just didnt feel comfortable sleeping in the bed we hardly got any sleep. so the next morning we decided to go to walmart and buy 2 comforters and 2 pillow cases we spent about 200 just to stay at the hotel comfortably i wouldnt recommend this hotel to any one and we had to pay 2 different prices for the 2 days that we stayed there the first night was 54 and the second day was 56 i didnt seem to understand why the price had changed it was weird. defenitely wouldnt recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Well we stayed here because it looked nice... lol went into the room Room # 218. and went to the bathroom and could not shut the door. because the toliet sat out to far in the Floor it would not let the Door Close... So I called the Front Desk and told the Young Guy that was there about it. he said he would move us to a nother Room but the Cost would go up.. well my sister -n- law was down from me so i had to use her bathroom.. the Room sucked.. bad. Surives sucked.. when we went to check out the next morning .. they had some woman working the Front Desk and I told her i was not happy with the Room and she acted as she could care less.. so i said i would like a refune and she said that i stayed in the room so she had to charge me that there was nothing Wrong with the room.. and was very rude to us.. she cussed us.. and said we had to leave or the police would be called... well when i got home i called the head office for Super 8 Motels. and I am waiting on someone to call back..... Don';t stay at this PLACE KEEP GOING <<<< I wished i would had seen all the bad luck everyone was having with this place i would had kept going my self.... Someone needs to shut these people down... they are NASTY

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jacorteville
Reviewed November 26, 2010

1st time ive done this, however, we have to be aware. I checked in this hotel on 11/26/10 @ 10pm. I tried to call my sister @ 5am, was told by the office need to make a deposit for local calls, 50 cents per call. My husband went down there and made a 5 dollar deposit. When it was time for checkout, the owner came yelling from the office across the parkin lot, get out now...20 dollars if u wanna stay 15 minutes. My husband rushed out with me. As i was walkin to the office to get the deposit back, the owner told me not to go in there, i dont get the money back because there was a stain on the sheets. The owner, proceed to get the sheet that was thrown by the worker from upstairs and walked up to me and called me a b word and a nasty w- word in the middle of the parking lot. She said my stuff was nasty and my husband was a nasty mother%(&*&...literally, this woman tore me into pieces. I had to call the police. Usually, i am a self stand woman, i work 2 jobs, have 3 kids, an most of the time walk with my head high until today. I dont know what my rights are, but this is just one of my steps for taking actions against the owner. I will work alongside with some of my fellow colleguaes to see and to find out my rights. Unfortnately, the rude lady is the owner as well. But there is something i can do. low colleguaes

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank sweetmama1982
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I chose this as I was low on money. The bed was so old and I swear made of bricks. My recommendation is to try laying on the bed first befor paying and in the future I will take my own advise! I now have to spend more money for a message as i can't move my neck.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I have never written a review on here, but felt I had to for this place. This is what my grandma would call "roach motel". Walked into the room and my husband actually laughed out loud so bad. Paint is peeling on the walls, roaches on the ground, BOTH flat lumpy pillows had black (?) streaks on them. Just disgusting. I feel bad writing this because the front desk guy was so nice but...people need to be warned. So ya, we couldn't stay it was so bad, lost $50 bucks oh well, went across town to the Red Roof Inn

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple