“"very good"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Ranked #44 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Arkansas
“"very good"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Recently, we attended my son's graduation at Ft. Jackson. I was pleased to discover a friendly atmosphere,good breakfast,comfortable rooms, and very convenient to stores if you needed something I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Yorktown, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel is the worst experience ever. We cancelled our reservation with the front desk due to a delay. One hour later the clerk called and stated the manager would not allow us to cancel. When we arrive at 1:30 in the morning we were greeted with "What do you want?!" We were interupting the night clerks' video. When the rate was 3 times the quote given us we questioned it. We were told to pay it or get out. We got out. Yet the hotel charged us anyway. After 8 days of attempting to get this location to work with us we had to get corporate Country Inn to intervene. This hotel is a con job. BE CAREFUL, the manager is less than honest. Go to Marriott Fairfield at Exit 17.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YorktownBob
FLORIDA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

Starting to age...... TV remote occasionally worked, rips in curtains and sheets, cigarette burns and rips on comforters/blankets ( I was in non-smoking room). Only one person working in the hotel when I checked in and room service did not come around until late ~ 4pm. There were a lot of families with small children visitng our brave soldiers at Ft. Jackson just be advised walls and floors are paper thin, had a family above the room that kept me up until 3am with kids yelling and running. This hotel is not a very relaxing or conductive atmosphere for business travelers, altough WiFi was fast. Will stay somewhere else on next visit!

• Liked — WiFi
  • Disliked — Hotel Starting to age, thin walls
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife and I needed a little get away time and we wanted a room with large jacuzzi tub. Those can be hard to find. Many of the ones we found were either just a regular tub with jets or were in hotels where we were afraid to touch anything.

Well we were very happy when we got to Country Inn and were warmly greeted by the staff. Our room was huge (room 210) and the tub was perfect for the two of us. The king bed was extremely comfortable. While this isn't a hotel with all the cheesy "romantic" get away stuff, it was perfect for me and my wife to just put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign and relax. The staff was very helpful (our coffee maker wasn't working, we mentioned it on the way out to dinner and when we got back, we had a new one) and the free breakfast was very good and well stocked.

While not a 5 star hotel with all the extras, for the price this is a very nice and comfortable stay even for couples who want to get away and soak in a tub.

• Liked — Great Jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2008

I stayed here for business for 5 nights. The hotel is 2 exits from the main gate at Fort Jackson and is easily accessible. The room was sufficient with a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. The room was suprisingly quiet and, even when the hotel was full, I could not hear my "neighbors". For the price, it was a decent hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — Good value for the price
  • Disliked — Bathroom was not the most updated
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Cowansville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2008

stayed at motel during return trip from orlando. rooms are beginning to look aged. the tub in our unit (Room 111) did not plug properly so that a tub bath could be obtained. there also was some problems with criminal activity in the parking lot but thankfully i was not a victim. the pool was average and the free continental breakfast was standard. overall an average stay. hard to find initially because you have to turn off of a main road onto the road to the hotel. no sign indicating where to turn.

• Liked — close to highway
  • Disliked — hard to find, rooms looked a little tired
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

I booked the Country Inn and Suites Columbia based on the great reviews and the ranking on TripAdvisor. It was only average, not as great as the reviews I had read.

I went out of my way by about 15 miles to stay here, and expected a little better than what I got. On approach the hotel grounds and landscaping were nice. Upon entry, the lobby was clean. The room was clean and the bathroom was very clean. However, there was someone else's food in the microwave. There was a problem with the bathtub. The remote control in the room was for a different brand television and the front desk could not find the correct one for us. I could hear every noise from the room above.

As I said, it was clean, and a good value, but I don't think I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Average everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family