Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbia, SC
Ranked #48 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a nice hotel.They serve cookies in the lobby ,which my grandkids liked.They had 2 swings+chairs on the porch to relax.Also,they have a indoor pool and hot tub which we all enjoyed.The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2012

My family and I decided on a last minute weekend trip to Columbia. Seeing as how that is only about an hour and a half away from home we didn't want to spend a lot for a room. We found this hotel in a coupon book and got the room for $69 a night. A steal considering it had a full breakfast and indoor pool. The main reason we chose this hotel was because of the price and the indoor pool. The room was looked and smelled clean. I was traveling with my mom and 4 children and the hotel was staff more than happy to accommodate that many people in the room without charging us extra. My only complaint is that the chlorine smell in the pool area was so strong it make you short of breath. We cracked the doors for a few minutes though and that helped a lot. The walls are a little on the thin side so you could hear if people were walking up and down the halls. There was some sort of construction going on where the ice machine is located. There were ceiling tiles on the floor and a huge spotlight by the ice machine. Kind of weird. The beds were so comfortable and the decor of the room was very nice. Overall I would recommend this hotel. It's not the Ritz, but it was well worth the money. Also I felt it was clean and safe which is the most important for me when traveling with my kids.

Room Tip: Since the walls are thin ask for a room on the top floor so you don't hear the noise of the peop...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ALESHA M
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Booked hotel on priceline name your own price..the only way to travel now :-) The listed price for this 21/2 star hotel is over priced I would not pay over $100 to stay here. The lobby is nice & welcoming. The beds are comfortable. The shower had hair on the walls. Breakfast was great. Nice area.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Exterior in need of TLC. Green alge on the exterior stucco. Dining area dark and small. Water in the pool and jacuzzi looks murky. Breakfast is microwaved item then placed in warmer tray. Overall, the property is not as well kept as other Country Inn & Suites I've stayed in before. Left turn from New Exchange Blvd to Garners Ferry road cans be very difficult if not dangerous during rush hour traffic.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I chose this hotel because we were traveling with our 88 year old mother and needed a suite that had a door (not just an opening) between the bedroom and the "living room," and we just didn't want to pay $200/night for the Embassy Suites Thanksgiving weekend. We had a very comfortable two night stay. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us a room right by the elevator for minimal walking. The hotel was clean, coffee in the room (just okay) but better downstairs. Breakfast was what you expect ... Waffle machine, bagels, fruit, toast, plus hot dishes that I didn't try. I noticed a lending library of (practically) brand new books to borrow and return to any Carlson Hotel. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed here in November and the hotel is decent, not great, but nothing wrong with it. The pool area isn't the best but it was nice and warm and few hotels seemed to have indoor pools. The breakfast was acceptable. The rooms were very nice, including the beds. Noise was not a problem, check in/out was straightforward. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Decided to stay at a country inn and suites based on the reviews here. I searched all over the eastern Columbia area for a choice hotel and all the reviews were not so good on those. This was my first stay at a country inn and I loved it. The cookies at check in were great. The front desk clerk very nice and helpful. The room was extremely spacious, the beds comfy, the sheets were great - those downfilled sheets so feel cleaner than blankets. Bathroom was mostly clean - found a couple hairs in the shower. All in all though a fantastic hotel and good night's sleep. Very quiet. Didn't hear any noise from other rooms and outside. The breakfast was good and on real plates and silverware.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends