All reviews front desk river road room was clean waffles myrtle beach the breakfast area parking lot non smoking easy access king bed hot breakfast definitely stay here again staff was very friendly bush sc interstate motel
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

The staff is very polite and your stay will be comfortable. We brought our pet with us there is one section of the hotel designated for animals. Also you can back your car up to the window of your room so if you don't want to unload everything you can still keep an eye on it. Big plus for me. Staff was helpful on good places to eat nearby. The room was comfortable and was complete in case you forgot soap, shampoo etc. Also the water felt like they had a water softening system of some sort. Only issue that I had when we walked into the room it had a slight smell that dissipated when the air conditioner was turned on. Breakfast in the morning is very filling. You don't need to go anywhere else. Scrambled eggs,sausage, biscuits,gravy,milk juice,coffee and a waffle iron. I promise you will be ready to start your day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who would like to bed down for the night and get a fresh start.

Room tip: If you have a dog your window to face the parking lot.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2019

We got a bigger room. It was nice. Fairly clean. A little older It was a nice room though. Breakfast was minimal but good. Kevin at the front desk was nice and Lily the cleaning lady was nice. We enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: upper rooms
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2018

We stayed here for one night, and I wasn't a fan. I didn't love the area the hotel was in, and even though it was right on the highway, you couldn't get directly onto it if you were going south but instead had to weave through the neighborhood a bit. The front desk worker when we arrived was kind of zoned out; he'd ask for my ID and then zone out, then I'd have to get his attention again and he'd do the next step then zone out. I finally asked him to hurry, as we had an appointment to make and he seemed to be making check in take as long as it could.

The common areas were kind of dingy with low ceilings, and the room was the same and kind of dark. The other guests seemed to mainly be construction workers who left super early in the morning for jobs. The walls and ceilings were thin - we could hear our neighbors and everyone in the hallway, even though it sounded like they were being pretty quiet. The sink was immediately inside the door, and only the shower and toilet were behind a separate door, so if you were getting dressed in front of the mirror, you were getting dressed in front of anyone who was in the room. It wasn't the worst, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2018

I regret getting this hotel. It wasn't terrible, but certainly nothing close to 4 stars, and you can tell from my reviews that I get around.

Whomever was working the night I checked-in was definitely not on his Ps and Qs. The morning staff was much better upon checkout. Lots of people roaming around the hall and around the hotel late at night on a regular weeknight. A few people camped out in the parking lot made me wary. Bedrooms were utilitarian and dark, bathroom was okay. I wouldn't say the area was sketchy, but it's in a commercial district that left a little to be desired. I'd get if I was desperate and couldn't find anything better, but I'll stay elsewhere in Columbia.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

I will not ever stay here again. The photos need to be updated because it is not that clean. Bathroom was dirty. Toilet seat needed to be replaced. Toilet didn't flush well at all. Didn't even want to shower in there. After laying in the bed for a little bit, made me feel itchy. Bad part of town. Breakfast was ok since it was free.

Trip type: Traveled with friends