“Good choice for stop over”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #23 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Evans City, Pennsylvania
“Good choice for stop over”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After a long days drive this was a good place to stop. We had reservations that had to be changed twice a few days earlier. This was no problem at all. The staff was good and all was as expected. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDory
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear CDory:
I am glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay & so glad that you found our location to be so convenient. Our Housekeeping team takes pride in offering spotlessly clean rooms to our guest & I will be sure to pass your praises on to them as they are always glad to hear such great comments, I hope to see you back soon.
Faysal, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This Comfort Inn is far below the standards that we have acquired to like in a hotel. It is very old and shabby. It does appear that some renovations have been started but many more is needed. The bed was comfy and clean, the carpet is new but the decor is very outdated. The staff was cordial. We booked a nonsmoking room, but it did have a stale smoke odor. The good thing is we arrived in town for a basketball tournament and we were allowed in our room early- that was a plus! The location is near a few restaurants, so eating was not a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Frances Laurinburg, NC
I am very delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be clean & that you recognized our staff as being so nice! Since, Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations. We are constantly upgrading Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us, I hope to see you again soon!..
Faysal GM
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We arrived late in the evening after a very long drive and were greeted by the nicest man behind the desk. The rooms were clean and nice and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The breakfast was better than most.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Laurie S
Dear Laurie S
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel while traveling to Columbia. We are hard at work to make sure all our guests always feel welcomed when they are staying with us.
I will be sure to share your comments with James and the rest of the staff.
Again, thank you for letting us know how we are doing and choosing Comfort Inn Columbia.
Faysal,GM
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Pros: - Great location
- Good enough amount of parking
- Staff extremely friendly
- Different kinds of rooms to choose from and of course FREE breakfast.
- Shower water was really warm and water flow in the tub was great.
- New LCD TV was present in the room.
Cons: - The furniture was old and some of it was worn out and need to be replaced badly
- The room had some sort of smell (don't know because of old carpet)
- I have attached the pictures with the review.
- The beds were too soft.
- Breakfast did not items like bread/toast. The fruits seemed too old. Rest was ok

Overall: The property is old and needs maintenance. The staff is really friendly and helpful. With some fixes the place is great. I recommend this hotel for a short stay, while on the road. I have attached the picture so I hope other will not face the same issues as us.

Room Tip: Don't take the room on the first floor, that the place were we had our room, which had the above...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Deepkamal K
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear ; Deepkamal K
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As you noted, customer service, an immaculate hotel and high speed Internet access are key pillars for our guest experience, that's why we do find ourselves do be an excellent value to our guests given the inclusive amenities and benefits that we offer,
I will review these comments with my Maintenance engineer & Executive Housekeeper and breakfast attendant to improve quality of our guest service.
We look forward to seeing you back again so that we can show you how your comments help us to improve our services. Thank you for staying with us!
North Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The price was right, the reviews were good, so we picked this property as an overnight stopover point on a longer trip. It says something that we got the very last room they had! They were at 100% for a Friday night. That alone says volumes.

This hotel is clean and well-kept. Staff is friendly in a genuine way. We will remember this place if travel takes us through Columbia.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear pfafftonian NC
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn, Columbia SC on Trip Advisor. Thank you for pointing out that our hotel also accommodates last minute guests, and you enjoy your stay.
We are certainly glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean & a good value at a great location, our staff takes pride in offering spotlessly clean rooms with exceptional guest service to our guest & we will be sure to pass your praises on to them as they are always glad to hear such great reviews from our guests! We are certain that you will stay with us the next time you visit beautiful Columbia SC!
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here on our way back to Florida, based on the previous reviews. It was a good value, the rooms were clean, and the staff were very friendly. A typical continental breakfast then back on the road.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Kathyeats
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, your breakfast experience was excellent and your stay was comfortable and up to your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, we all look forward to see you soon.
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Exhausted and busy from our trip, my friend and I checked in here late at night on Dec. 29, 2013. We had not made reservations, and we had a puppy with us. There was a sweet young man working at the desk that night, and he made our check-in experience QUICK and efficient. They had the best rate in town for a nice place, and even let me bring my puppy, which was non-negotiable to me of course. The desk guy helped us on several occasions over the next two days, recommending local good places to eat and other things we needed for our stay down there. We did have a chance to meet other staff members, and each was as friendly and as useful as the next, even the cleaning staff, who helped me by locating a box for me with a bag full of water so I could take a plant home that I'd picked up in my travels! The room was fabulous, SUPER clean (I am a CLEAN FREAK), the beds fluffy and super comfortable, even smelled nice in the room, smelled of CLEAN. The bathroom was clean and believe me, I checked efficiently as is typical for me. My friend utilized a computer with internet access they allow guests to use... she had to get some work done.... while I comfortably strolled the nicely maintained gardens and property with my puppy.... the breakfasts had quite a variety to choose from, everything was good. Would we stay here again? Absolutely. I highly recommend this place, it made all the difference in the world to us to have a clean friendly place to retreat back to each evening, as busy and stressed-out as we were given what we were in town to do. Thank you so much, staff at Comfort Inn, for making this trip quite pleasant. PS young man at desk, you are super adorable, and made our stay even that much nicer ;)

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor, convenient to the front entrance. Everything was right near us, it w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kerri D Seymour, Connecticut:
Thank you for sharing your posting on Tripadvisor.com. It is an excellent testimony of our services that will spread the word about our hotel to other potential travelers. Our staff's goal is to provide you with an experience that is a notch above the rest by delivering customer service at it’s finest.
As the General Manager of my team, I am very proud to hear that we exceeded in accomplishing this with every associate you encountered.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you back again!