“Will definitely stay again.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wellston, Ohio, United States
“Will definitely stay again.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was traveling with two small children and needed a no frills but clean, quiet place to stay. Property is kept clean, rooms are small but there are microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms(this was a necessity with the kids). The breakfast is adequate and the staff is super friendly and accommodating. I'm very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are so glad that we were acceptable to you and your family during your stay. We strive to be our very best for each and everyone of guests 100% of the time. If you are ever in the Columbia area again please give us a call and stay with us while traveling. Thanks for being our guest.

Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
fletcher
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Got a grate rate to stay here on a Saturday night when the chickens weren't playing at home, I imagine the rates would be about triple on home football weekends. Parking lot is kinda small and crowded, but the hote,l even an older one was nice and comfortable and staff was very nice and friendly, even gave away one of my thousand point awards for good service to the young man that checked me out, so I really enjoyed my stay here. safe quiet location in a suburb of Columbia and close as can be to just about anything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We are glad you decided to stay with us while in Columbia., SC. Our rates even when our
SC Gamecocks play at home are still affordable, for we not increase our rates so much that our non football traveling guests can not afford to stay with us, and or come back.

We also strive for great customer service 100% of the time here at the Comfort INN Columbia, as as you mentioned in your comment you received.

Again thanks for choosing us to stay for you could have chosen any other hotel to stay at during your visit.

Thanks,

Timothy a. Fields
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The gentleman that checked us in and out was extremely friendly and accommodating. I called first just to get a price, after telling me a very fair amount, I told him we would try to make it there that night. Not knowing, either way, he STILL held a room for us because he knew we had been driving awhile. Upon check out he asked if there was anything he couldve done to make our stay even more pleasant. His kindness was plenty. All he asked was for us to call back and tell him. The rooms were extremely clean and were equipped when anything you would poss. need. The tub/ shower looked brand new. The room also had a chair w/ a foot rest, which my husband appreciated greatly. They were also very accommodating to our child's service dog. The staff is awesome. I know I've said a lot about them but that goes a long way in making anyone's stay nice.

• Stayed November 2013
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Your comments were well received! We strive to do our very best here at the Comfort INN., Columbia. We strive to ensure that our staff and service is really displayed positively throughout our hotel from the General Manager, to the Housekeeper and between.

We hope that you come back soon and most of all tell someone else about your positive experience.

CT
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Older property and clean, but upkeep has been cheap. Paint spots on furniture and on floor tiles. Parking lot is snug. Internet problems in evening - perhaps there's too many people downloading videos. Bedding is comfortable, but older. Heat/AC was relatively quiet. Room is relatively small. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We want to first thank you for staying with us while you were here in Columbia, SC. We realize that you could have chosen any other hotel but you chose us. For that we are grateful!

We hope that when you are back in the area you make our hotel your choice once again!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Really nice for the money. We stayed here last night for annual boo at the zoo family trip. Our room was very nicely decorated with a spacious bathroom, nice pool, two computers in the lobby, friendly front desk, in room microwave and refrigerator.

Stayed October 2013
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We want to first thank you for staying with us during your visit. I personally lived in Augusta Georgia and enjoyed my stay while living their myself.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you when you come back to the area, you decide to stay with us again. The Boo at the Zoo is a fantastic event for visitors, everyone says it is fun and eventful. Have a safe holiday season and thanks for allowing us to earn you business!.

Wrentham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Visiting my daughter for parents weekend at USC, easy to get to the college. Clean hotel, desk staff very friendly. Breakfast food ok, usual waffles,muffins etc. Bathroom alittle small, lighting not the best, but clean. Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for allowing us the privilege to earn your business. You could have stayed anywhere, but you decided to stay with us!

We strive to ensure a clean, safe and inviting hotel for all of our guest 100% of the time. I will check into the lighting you mentioned to make sure the proper bulb wattage and or lighting is available in the particular room you rented while staying with us.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you come back into the area. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were in town for parents' weekend at USC and waited until the last minute to book a hotel. Because of the high hotel demand in the area, room rates were very high -- we paid over $100/night for this hotel. Upon arriving, the front desk staff was very friendly and got us into our room right away. As we entered the corridor to our room the hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. The room was outdated and in need of TLC. The bathroom door was covered in wood veneer that was missing in spots and peeling. The towels and linens were very well worn. The room was very warm. There are individual heat/ac units in each room that needed to be turned on. While the room eventually cooled down, the unit created a fair bit of noise which is annoying if you're a light sleeper. The free breakfast was fine if you stuck with packaged items like oatmeal and yogurt but the hot food was poor quality as were the watered down juices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I want to first thank you for informing us of your stay.

Your views and others of our hotel we take seriously. As a Representative of this hotel I want to ensure that what our guests think of us is positive, while most who stay with us view us as a great stay mid tier hotel and great value as it relates to rate especially for this market.

We are not a perfect hotel, however we strive to be better than most. We value and respect your observations of our hotel and I have shared your comments and observations with ownership and management and be rest-assured these area will be corrected.

Again, I thank you and we value your input and hope that you decide when coming back to the area you will choose us to stay.

Hope you enjoyed your University of South Carolina visit!

803-798-5101