“Would definitely stay again.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The gentleman that checked us in and out was extremely friendly and accommodating. I called first just to get a price, after telling me a very fair amount, I told him we would try to make it there that night. Not knowing, either way, he STILL held a room for us because he knew we had been driving awhile. Upon check out he asked if there was anything he couldve done to make our stay even more pleasant. His kindness was plenty. All he asked was for us to call back and tell him. The rooms were extremely clean and were equipped when anything you would poss. need. The tub/ shower looked brand new. The room also had a chair w/ a foot rest, which my husband appreciated greatly. They were also very accommodating to our child's service dog. The staff is awesome. I know I've said a lot about them but that goes a long way in making anyone's stay nice.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Your comments were well received! We strive to do our very best here at the Comfort INN., Columbia. We strive to ensure that our staff and service is really displayed positively throughout our hotel from the General Manager, to the Housekeeper and between.

We hope that you come back soon and most of all tell someone else about your positive experience.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Older property and clean, but upkeep has been cheap. Paint spots on furniture and on floor tiles. Parking lot is snug. Internet problems in evening - perhaps there's too many people downloading videos. Bedding is comfortable, but older. Heat/AC was relatively quiet. Room is relatively small. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We want to first thank you for staying with us while you were here in Columbia, SC. We realize that you could have chosen any other hotel but you chose us. For that we are grateful!

We hope that when you are back in the area you make our hotel your choice once again!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Really nice for the money. We stayed here last night for annual boo at the zoo family trip. Our room was very nicely decorated with a spacious bathroom, nice pool, two computers in the lobby, friendly front desk, in room microwave and refrigerator.

Stayed: October 2013
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We want to first thank you for staying with us during your visit. I personally lived in Augusta Georgia and enjoyed my stay while living their myself.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you when you come back to the area, you decide to stay with us again. The Boo at the Zoo is a fantastic event for visitors, everyone says it is fun and eventful. Have a safe holiday season and thanks for allowing us to earn you business!.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Visiting my daughter for parents weekend at USC, easy to get to the college. Clean hotel, desk staff very friendly. Breakfast food ok, usual waffles,muffins etc. Bathroom alittle small, lighting not the best, but clean. Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for allowing us the privilege to earn your business. You could have stayed anywhere, but you decided to stay with us!

We strive to ensure a clean, safe and inviting hotel for all of our guest 100% of the time. I will check into the lighting you mentioned to make sure the proper bulb wattage and or lighting is available in the particular room you rented while staying with us.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you come back into the area. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were in town for parents' weekend at USC and waited until the last minute to book a hotel. Because of the high hotel demand in the area, room rates were very high -- we paid over $100/night for this hotel. Upon arriving, the front desk staff was very friendly and got us into our room right away. As we entered the corridor to our room the hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. The room was outdated and in need of TLC. The bathroom door was covered in wood veneer that was missing in spots and peeling. The towels and linens were very well worn. The room was very warm. There are individual heat/ac units in each room that needed to be turned on. While the room eventually cooled down, the unit created a fair bit of noise which is annoying if you're a light sleeper. The free breakfast was fine if you stuck with packaged items like oatmeal and yogurt but the hot food was poor quality as were the watered down juices.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I want to first thank you for informing us of your stay.

Your views and others of our hotel we take seriously. As a Representative of this hotel I want to ensure that what our guests think of us is positive, while most who stay with us view us as a great stay mid tier hotel and great value as it relates to rate especially for this market.

We are not a perfect hotel, however we strive to be better than most. We value and respect your observations of our hotel and I have shared your comments and observations with ownership and management and be rest-assured these area will be corrected.

Again, I thank you and we value your input and hope that you decide when coming back to the area you will choose us to stay.

Hope you enjoyed your University of South Carolina visit!

803-798-5101

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived early on a Saturday before check-in. The room wasn't ready but the female front desk staff was as nice as could be. She told us to give them an hour and check back. We went for lunch and room was ready. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some reviews of the site. Our room was clean, updated, and quiet. And yes..we did face the parking lot and we were on first floor. The bed was soft but I knew this from other reviews. We prefer a hard mattress. I would stay here, again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We appreciate that you decided to stay with us. We also appreciate your feedback as it pertains to our pet fee. We will take this fee under further consideration after once again evaluating our market's hotel's pet fees etc. We would hope that you will stay with us when coming back back to the area in the future.

Timothy Fields
Comfort Inn, Columbia

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent facility, friendly staff with large common area/ bkfast room. Well-maintained and clean and well-appointed room. Only two picky requests to improve - bathroom has superior vanity area but shower area is really dark. "Scrambled eggs" were watery, reminding me of powdered eggs we were served in college. But they had hard boiled eggs as alternate. Lastly, I had 2 little terriers and I went in knowing they charge for each pet and I understand the pet hair cleanup is not fun. I always leave a 25% tip in the room. I also always strip comforter and blanket off bed and set aside so pets have no contact. La Quinta chain has now come along and they DON'T charge extra fee for pets. As it stands La Quinta is offering the same or better facility quality for $30 less and I'll look for LQ first in my hotel search because of value. The Comfort innkeepers should talk to corporate about nixing this excessive fee. They are a smart chain but aren't as competitive as they used to be.

• Stayed: September 2013
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

W e want to thank you for staying with us while in Columbia. We can appreciate and acknowledge your comments and observations as it relates to your overall room and hotel experience, and we will take a look at those in order to better service our guests . As it pertains to our hotel pet fee,it is our current standard and we have found that overall it works for most. We will take the overall charge under consideration after possibly doing a market evaluation of other pet fees here in Columbia, SC.

We hope to see you with us again soon during your travels!

803-798-5101