“Highl recommended”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed here many times while I worked for a company located here. I have never been disappointed with this property. It is an older property but is very well maintained and managed. .Rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. Very good breakfast. Good fitness center with resistance training as well as cardio machines. Excellent hot breakfast and very professional staff. No complaints!

1  Thank youneverknow
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear youneverknow,

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your most recent stay at Comfort Inn Columbia. We are pleased to hear that you have such a pleasant time when you visit us each time while here on business. Our fitness center is a great way to release some energy after a busy day and the breakfast has great hot and cold options each morning, including sausage, biscuits, eggs, yogurts, pastries, cereals, muffins and fresh fruit.

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoy our hotel and our staff. Your business is highly important to us and you are a valued customer. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I visited this hotel one night and we were very surprised about how friendly the staff were. We were at the continental breakfast on 6/9/13 at the last minute and the lady jumped up and made more eggs and sausage. She didn't have to do that as there were a few left and it was about to close. Then as I was trying to get all the bags in "one trip" (I'm a guy of course) the cleaning lady Jaki noticed I was struggling and offered to help. It isn't very often that people offer to help these days. The staff was great at customer service and I would recommend this place to anyone passing through and I thank the staff for keeping customer service a priority.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kevin W,

Our primary goal is to make sure all our guests feel welcomed and invited. We are delighted you received such stellar service at our breakfast. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the rest of our potential customers. We value you taking the time to convey your experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here on our way from Ohio to Florida. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast gave us a good start for our road trip.

Access to the hotel was a bit confusing. Though the property is visible from the main road, the entrance is accessed from a side road which is easy to miss.

All in all we were pleased with our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryC1981
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear MaryC 1981,

We are pleased you chose our hotel while traveling from Ohio to Florida. Breakfast is always a great way to start the day, so we are delighted you were able to enjoy our deluxe hot breakfast buffet.

Sorry to hear you had difficulties find access to our location but glad you were able to find us in the end. In the future, feel free to call the property. We are more than willing to help you with directions.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was a very comfortable place with helpful staff. They give a complimentary breakfast every morning. The rooms were very clean. The beds were very comfortable. It was a very Pleasant stay. I was there for 3 days and 2 nights. I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear randum,

We appreciate your conveying the thoughtful comments regarding your recent visit with us. We do offer the hot breakfast buffet daily to all our guests, ensure all our guests are well taken care of upon arrival, during their stay and make sure we can do every thing we can possible to make their visit enjoyable. We are happy to hear we met your expectations.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Director of Sales.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I frequently stay here for business. The staff are very friendly and treat me like family. I feel safe here and if I have any needs or problems, they always help me. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I would recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone. Try it and see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Myra W
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Myra W,

We are always delighted to see you when you arrive. We value you and the business you bring to the area and Comfort Inn Columbia. Thank you for your continued loyalty to us and the Choice Hotels International brand.

Thank you for your kind words and we will have your room waiting for you when you arrive again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overnight there one night for business. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to the airport and breakfast. Got upgraded to a suite - which is always nice. It was above the entrance, so some of the noise from the lobby trickled in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear PAdives,

First let me say thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Columbia for your recent business trip to the area. I am delighted you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport. I am pleased our staff accommodated you and upgraded you to one of our King suites we had available upon your arrival. With that being said, I apologize for any inconvenience the noise in the lobby caused you in regards to loss of sleep. In the future when you stay with us we will not have a problem moving you if you let us know of any problems you are experiencing during your stay.

Again, thank you for selecting our Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location several occasion during Carolina Gamecocks football games as well as the baseball home games they had over the weekend and through year round and never had any issues. I've booked at this location based on customer views that had recommended me staying here and i'm shocked to see bad reviews that people are writing on here. I've had my rooms neat and clean with fresh air freshener smell when you walk into the room. Breakfast was great with a lot of variety of hot and cold food. I'll definitely will be back to stay and will drag my friends to stay here with me during game and events when I'm in Columbia. Thank you for the great stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank oceanbreeze88

Dear oceanbreeze88,

We are pleased you are happy with our hotel and keep coming back during Gamecock football and baseball seasons to stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our future guests.

Like you mentioned, we do offer a variety of hot and cold items on our breakfast buffet, all of which is complimentary to our guests. We also have free wireless internet, a business center and free parking!

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments. We welcome you back for the upcoming season.