“Great Value with AMAZING Service and Clean Rooms”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2013

While I was recently traveling, I stopped at this Comfort Inn. I was greeted with a smile by the staff upon my check-in. And that was the great service I was given throughout my stay! Each morning breakfast was hot and fresh and upon my arrival back to my room in the evening; the room was superb. I tend to be extra critical but unfortunately this time, for me, I was unable to be critical over ANYTHING. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

PhilJr1985 Atlanta, GA
“Great Value with AMAZING Service and Clean Rooms”
That's what I look for when I am traveling,
Thank you for your excellent review for Comfort Inn. Providing an experience above all others along with a great value to our guests is our highest priority. I have passed your praise along to my team who strives to serve all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. My staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your dog back soon!
Faysal,GM

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my husband were travelling with our two kids through columbia and decided to stay at the comfort inn for the night. we were truly happy with staff and cleanliness of the room. we would recommend this hotel to all our family and friends. The general manager phil kapadia was very courteous and knowledgeable about the area. fouzia

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Sheena747

What a delight it is to hear our guests have such a pleasant stay with us while traveling through the area. Thank you for your comments regarding our clean rooms and our general manager. All our staff members take immense pride in what they do and our customer satisfaction is key to our success.

We look forward to the opportunity to providing your hotel accommodations while you are in the Columbia area again in the future. Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels International.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay. The hotel is very cleanly kept. The rooms were cleaned properly and had comfortable beds and updated, modern furniture. This made for a pleasant and inviting environment.
The staff is extremely nice and welcoming. They were very considerate and provided exceptional customer service.
It was a great stay! I will definitely stay here again when I return to Columbia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Saher K,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Columbia. We value all our guests feedback. We take pride in being the premier Choice hotel with customer service, where our guests continually recognize us for these efforts. We are pleased you received the same stellar customer service we have proven to represent time and time again.

We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you choose us again while visiting Columbia.

Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn while driving through South Carolina. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were in great condition. The breakfast was much better than I expected (who doesn't like make your own waffles?). The hotel was right off the highway and gave me exactly what i was looking for. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Zaink2,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Comfort Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your stay.

We are pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and our hot breakfast buffet with fresh biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs, sausage patties and of course the make your own waffles exceeded your expectations.

Please keep us in mind when you are traveling through the area again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at this establishment several times during my business travels and every time was the same. Exceptional customer service, clean rooms, comfortable beds and very modern settings. I will continue to stay here when in the Columbia area and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a restful night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Wesley L Hendersonville, NC
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn, Columbia SC. We are certainly glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean & a good value at a great location. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit beautiful Columbia SC!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I travel for business and use this hotel 2-3 times per month. Recently remodeled, very clean rooms! Updated with current bedding, flat screen tv's and all the look and feel of a boutique hotel but at a far less than that of their competition. Conveniently located within minutes to the mall and downtown. Safe and well lit parking lot. I am always greeted by a very friendly hotel staff! I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: Very quiet and peaceful sleep on new pillow top mattresses!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Andy W Covington, GA
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at Comfort Inn. Our staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is centrally located to everything you need in Columbia within minutes of shopping, restaurants, night life and an easy drive to the downtown area, Lake Murray and Fort Jackson. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was impressed with the reviews about a year ago so risked trying this Comfort Inn on the strength of the reviews. I have stayed at several brands here in Columbia and some were excellent and some of the most expensive were the poorest quality and cleanliness. Columbia is a destination for the buyer to beware.

This is now my ONLY Columbia choice. Although it is not a new Comfort Inn, it has been updated with nice appointments and products. The small, simple lobby extends into the breakfast area and is filled with natural light that reveals consistent CLEANLINESS!!! Do not be afraid to lift up the waffle iron tray and check underneath. They actually move equipment to clean under it on a daily basis here. The Breakfast is standard, simple budget breakfast, but does include hot items.

Likewise, in over twenty nights in about twelve different rooms, I have yet to find a defect in cleanliness or equipment failure. The large LCD TV's work, the remotes are scum-free, the small fridge and microwave are clean and operate properly. There are plenty of lights in good locations with adequate wattage. The rooms do not smell "deodorized" as in too many Comfort Inns, but actually smell CLEAN. Usually the room temperature has been appropriately set when I enter, unlike those cheap places that turn the heat or cool off the moment a person leaves and the new occupant enters a stale, hot environment.

The staff is friendly and helpful and consistent. The same folks have been here every time I have visited. One couple seem to be on the premises at all times and they take pride in the operation of this Inn. This sounds corny, but they prepare the place as though they were welcoming family members, not strangers.

By the way, the exercise room has programmable treadmill, stationary cycle and elliptical trainer each of high quality and well-maintained. In addition, there is a hotel nautilus-type machine that operates properly.

This trip I stayed in the spa suite for the first time. The spa is located in a king-sized room with a king-sized bed, desk, bureau, stuffed chair, ottoman, big-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave AND STILL accommodated my massage table with plenty of room to roam around in between. The spa was the standard two person triangular shaped tub and was spotless and operating properly, much to our pleasure.

When I mentioned my appreciation to the general manager this trip, he immediately deflected my compliment to his "wonderful staff." That is true because they are both friendly and yet unobtrusive. I have never received any inappropriate or annoying treatment at this Comfort Inn. Still I imagine that much of the high quality is due to the standards and taste of the general manager, including his choices about who to employ and how to lead them. My compliments for a job well-done.

Bottom line is that, especially for the room rates, this is definitely the best bargain in Columbia, SC. It does not pretend to be luxurious, but if clean, comfortable and economical lodging is your goal, I could not recommend any accommodation higher than this Comfort Inn. I am grateful to the previous positive reviewers who turned me toward this property and offer this review as an enthusiastic confirmation of theirs.

Very highest recommendation!!

Room Tip: If you need plenty of room and like a spa bath, the King Spa suite is tough to beat. For romance, it...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Quixote23188 Williamsburg, VA
“Many clean, comfortable and economical Comfort stays”
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent stay and your wonderful review. We strive to meet the needs of each and every one of our guests and we love to hear back from them, we do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Columbia area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.