“Rooms were immaculate”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Ranked #49 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The hotel room and the bath room was very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I'm kind of a clean freak who has a lot of trouble with hotel rooms. This room was so clean that I could relax. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandershv
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I got a room here just for the internet and it wasn't working after I checked in. When I asked for my money back,they told me I had to wait till morning when the general manager was there. He was EXTREMELY RUDE and unhelpful. He had the audacity to threaten to call the police on me because I got On the phone with corporate office in front of him! They weren't helpful at all because they promised a call back in 72 hours but that guy is still there making each stay as miserable as the last.he even told me I wasn't allowed back on the property after I got off the line with corporate office! To make this hotel even more pleasant,they have roaches not just in the rooms but I've seen them scurrying around the lobby as well. I love laquinta but with the rude and bitter gm they have here,I'd rather go too comfort suites a little farther down the road. You get more for your money and staff that ACTUALLY respect you. Oh and the internet always works there!!! Laquinta can forget about me and I wish they would stop sending the elite member flyers to my home...I'm booking my future stays elsewhere...

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on our road trip to Florida. The price was excellent. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was far better than most free continental hotel breakfasts. The bed was mostly comfortable, although the pillows weren't to my taste. I believe the hotel allowed dogs, which resulted in hearing dogs occasionally yip and bark while we were trying to sleep. The walls seemed particularly thin - we heard a lot of noises from neighboring rooms and the nearby side entrance.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I was a little leery about staying here because of the reviews I read. However I wish that more people would post good reviews!
I arrived late at night. The staff was amazing. Including the security gaurd who made sure I got back from the store safely.
I was very impressed with the room and amenities (fridge and microwave in every room)
Everyone I met was pleasant. The auditor helped us secure transportation to the airport early in the morning. ( a private car company vs. a cab cheaper and wonderful).
It was 10 minutes from the gate of Fort Jackson. There was plenty to do in the area from shopping to dining.
It was an awesome trip. Will not hesitate to use again when we go down for AIT Graduation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This place allows loud mouth friends and young people to congregate under the entrance canopy until wee hours of the morning, talking loud and being obnoxious. The night clerk and security guard didn't seem to care about the guest and became very defensive when I complained. Why? Because they were participating in the activity. Add to that the location is suspect, back a dirty unkempt street with gang graffiti plastered all around on the street lights. I have given up on La Quinta because they have no standards from one hotel to the other. You never know what you will encounter. Some call suites a single room with a couch, no microwave, no fridge. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George F
Reviewed June 12, 2010

When I checked in, I was anly asked to sign a piece of paper showing the price per night, then was not given a copy of it. It was late and check-in seemed pleasingly simple, so I didn't care. I was awakened at 6 am by the alarm clock going off in the next room, which made dogs bark. Then the front desk called to ask who we were, because we "weren't in the system." At 8:30, and the clock was still going off. As I was leaving, I stopped by the front desk, and was waved on with a smile, "You're good to go!" So I left. The charge didn't appear on my debit card statement for a couple of days, but when it did, I was charged for three nights instead of one. One charge mysteriously disappeared, but I was still double charged. This emptied my bank account and resulted in overdraft fees. Here I am travelling with three kids, and no money. I called the hotel and spoke to Tony, who told me there was nothing he could do and that I would have to wait until Monday to speak to the GM. I said hell no I can't wait that long, I'll call the corporate office. Suddenly, he could reverse the charges immediately. When the money didn't get back into my bank account, I called corporate. Juan told me that the charges had been reversed. Well over 24 hours later, I still have no refund and my kids are going without milk.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jenaren
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stopped here for one night on the way to Myrtle Beach for our family vacation. I stay at La Quinta rather frequently, and had no qualms about booking it online before seeing it in person using my AAA card/travel. What a HUGE mistake!! Normally, neither my husband nor myself are picky about where we stay, especially not with a 3 year old and a 10 year old. As long as it's comfortable, clean, and safe, we're ok.

HOWEVER, upon check-in (which admittedly went very smoothly), when we entered our room, our 3 year old needed to use the restroom after the long road trip, and as soon as he flushed the toilet, the bathroom immediately flooded. When we called downstairs, they acknowledged the leak, and even asked if it was in the back of the toilet. So they were aware of the problem and still booked the room.

They moved us to another room, and we were pleased....until we entered the room to find the air conditioner didn't work. Mind you, it was about 93 outside, so yes, it was quite warm. We tried to just deal with it, and decided to take the kids to the pool. ANOTHER mistake.

The pool was filthy. Bugs, plastic bags, and even cigarette butts were floating in it. So my husband cleaned it himself. And you can see from the attached pictures, that the location and view leave much to be desired.

Spend an extra $20 and choose another hotel around this area and avoid the La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family