“Graduating Ft Jackson Families Do Not Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Ranked #48 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Arizona
“Graduating Ft Jackson Families Do Not Stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived on 10/9/12 for my son's graduation from BCT at Ft. Jackson. When I checked in, it was a rushed and very in personal. I was made to just feel like a reservation, and not a person. After I checked in, and went to my room, I heard a dog barking down the hall. It sounded to be a rather large dog. I thought, oh great! I hope this dog doesn't bark at night. I couldn't tell if the carpet had been vacuumed or not. After settling in for the night, I heard it again and then it was followed by another dog bark, of what sounded like a smaller dog. To be fair, I did not hear the dogs again that night. The next day after I returned from family day at Ft. Jackson, I had to go to the front desk and ask for shampoo and soap, as whoever cleaned the room did not supply new ones. The coffee had not been replaced either, but there was still one pack left, so I didn't say anything. The breakfast was ok. I did like having warm waffles to make instead of just the cold cereal, yogurt and toast. They could have used larger cups for the coffee, instead of jsut the standard small styrofoam cups. I checked out on 10/11/12. Since their Wifi wasn't very good, I could not retrieve my reservations on my smart phone. I went to the lobby to use their computer, and it wouldn't connect either. I would have to do all of this at the airport. I returned my rental car to find out when they were checking it in that I had acquired 2 rather large scratches while parked in La Quinta's parking lot. Oh great! Now I would probably held financially responsible for those. The scratches had not been there when I parked the car the previous night, as I had prepacked much of the car. I will be waiting to see what the rental company is going to do about it. As a woman travelling by herself, and a poorly lit parking lot, I did not feel too safe in the lot. So I shouldn't be surprise about the car damage. Overall, I would not stay there or recommend staying there. There are many other choices in the Columbia area. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacey24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 30, 2012

While during our stay here I had a problem with the brakes on my van, being from out of town I had no idea where to go. The front desk staff was so very helpfull with helping me find a place to get them fixed with suggestions of places that they themselves use. Oh and as for the hotel I still haven't had as good of a nights sleep as I did while there. their beds are so comfortable. Friends of ours stayed somewhere else in town just to save $5 a night and had nothing good to say about their hotel. She should have listened to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We are very happy with our room. Stayed here just one night, but the Room is clean, shower is hot, and staff is friendly. The bed linens are clean and the floor is clean! Plus, it is a pet friendly hotel. The hotel is just a mile from a number of great hotels. The rates are also low. What more could you ask for?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I now have stayed here on 2 different trips. I visited a customer and then went on to the beach for a weeks vacation. This is a pet friendly hotel, and bless them for allowing us to bring a dog. My room was not ready when I arrived, but I was early at 1:00 PM. Changed rooms to one the that was ready, no issues. Clean, comfortable, and good service. Breakfast in the morning to get you started, and for the money always a good value. Staff willing to help as needed.

Room Tip: We have a pet and usually ask for first floor and near the exit doors on the end. They also have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was accomodating.
I appreciated the night security guard (because of my late arrival). I would recommend this hotel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family