La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$136
$119
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$84
ComfortSuites
$108
$97
GardenInn.com
$109
Staybridge.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$82
$101
$95
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

All reviewsstay at la quintatraveling with petsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelfort jacksonwaffle housewafflesfree breakfaststaff was friendlyfloridainterstatecerealftexithurricanelinens
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We road trip often with our Jack Russell so La Quinta hotels are our first pick. We know what to expect and what is offered because generally they all have the same amenities. This hotel is right by the highway so a lot of road noise and thumping cars. Learned to take earplugs :) Walked in with no reservation and a "road coupon", you know the ones in the books at the rest stops. There was a line but it moved quickly. The room was on the 1st floor by the exit so we could walk the dog easily. Beds are always the same and very comfortable for a moderately priced hotel. Good nights rest before continuing our road trip. The breakfast is always the same which is nice. Usually have boiled eggs and toast but the eggs were brown when i peeled them and the yolks were solid green and powdery. UGH EWWW. The front desk was very apologetic and blamed it on the gentleman that left them in the crock pot till the water boiled out. So I opted for a bagel. Waiting for the toaster to finish, talking with my husband. Another guest takes my bagel out and gives it to me (not very toasted) so she could use the toaster. RUDE!!! "I didn't touch it I used tongs" Oh... well thanks for that. Gave up on breakfast...... Checked out and another apology from the front desk. Packed our car and we were on the way. When looking over my receipt, I noticed the room was quite a bit cheaper than the coupon price. Several groups in buses were there so maybe she gave me that rate. Very nice surprise. One tip though. The shower is very difficult to turn on. So much so that we thought it was broken and couldn't use it. Right before leaving we called the front desk who instructed us to "pull the knob out and turn". When we tried (had to pull VERY hard) it worked. That must be an ongoing issue there. La Quinta brand will always be our first choice for travel with our beloved dog child.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gacayman
Reviewed February 16, 2012

For a La Quinta its not terrible. It's what you expect. However, I was told a few times after I checked in that that area was not good. My room was OK. The girl I worked with had problems with two of her rooms. The first room the air conditioner was coming apart from the wall to she could put her hand between the air conditioner and the outside. When she was moved she had bugs in her room. After she complained the front desk told her "We've had complaints about that lately but they won't hurt you." My room was bug free but for how long? When I stay in a motel the last thing I want is bugs. The stairways were never vacuumed in the 2 weeks we were there and there was rarely anyone to talk to at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wiltingpoppy
A La Quinta traveler
Akron, Ohio, USA
Reviewed January 30, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We went for my son's graduation from Fort Jackson - My wife, 15 year old son and myself. When we arrived there was nobody at the front desk. Stood for about 5 minutes. Finally picked up the phone next to the front desk and called the front desk thinking that may stir someone. A couple minutes after that a clerk arrived. The check in was very fast at that point. When we went up into the room it was obvious that one of the beds had just been re-made as they would do for a stay over. There were pubic hairs in the tub, a few in the sheets of the re-made bed along with what looked like sock lint from between someone's toes. I will hold back more detail on the bathroom. The carpet was filthy and there were clipped toenails around the legs of the chair. I will give one positive note on this and that is that when I called the front desk, the man apologized and was at the door in literally about a minute with keys to another room down the hall. That room was made up as it should be, however overall it was not that clean - debris and funk around the edges, dust was fairly abundant. Just because a property is somewhat run down - as I have stayed in a few over the years - that is no reason for them not to be clean. This was not clean. After what we "saw" in the first room, it was difficult to really relax after getting settled into the second room.

Room Tip: ...pay a few more bucks and choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank amangia
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The employees are very nice! I read the other reveiws of this hotel and they are crazy! Rooms are very clean and well kept! Very nice rooms! Very convinient area too, plenty places to eat and shop around!

• Stayed: January 2012