“You won't mistake this place for a NY pizzeria !!”
Review of The Villa

The Villa
Ranked #58 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Picked up to-go pizza. Sauce didn't taste home made. Crust had cardboard taste and texture. Sausage and onions fresh and plentiful. I'm sure there are better pizzas in Columbia.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to The Villa with a group of friends tonight. The atmosphere and aroma when you first walked in is very pleasant. Service was fast and friendly from start to finish. While the Beer menu is not large, the selection offered has something for everyone including craft beers. The house dressing which they overloaded in the salad was very greasy. The garlic bread tasted like a badly toasted hamburger bun. I ordered the Lasagna which had a nice layering of cheeses and sauces, but was just average. The wife ordered a pizza, which was average at best. It seemed more like an inexpensive frozen pizza. Probably won’t go back.

3  Thank Mountaineer_Steve
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Just came back from a decidedly lackluster meal at The Villa. Having been raised in a city with the largest Italian population outside Italy, I think I know good Italian food when I taste it. This wasn't it. Let's just say it was marginally better than Pizza Hut - it was OK but I expected better based on the reviews (which is why we went).
The Chianti was excellent - but then again, it was in a bottle and came from Italy.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Well, what a pleasant surprise! We were just passing through Columbia and stayed at the Best Western on Bush River Road next door to The Villa. It had been a long day, we were tired, and didn't want to drive far for dinner. So we took a chance on the restaurant right next door. Good move!

The unassuming appearance of the outside of the building gave us pause, but ahead we went and entered a lovely little Italian restaurant. Subtly lit and cozy, the place smelled delicious.

A pleasant hostess settled us into an intimate booth, and we explored the ample menu. Hubby chose the eggplant, which he pronounced to be delicious. I'm the pizza snob in the family and ordered the personal size pizza, which was a generouos nine inches. It, too, was top shelf, and after I ate my fill, I kept the remaining slice for a midnight snack, something I never do.

We figured this is a local favorite, as there were several families who were obviously familiar with the restaurant.

If you stay at the BW, do yourself a favor and enjoy a wonderful Italian dinner at The Villa. No need to drive around looking for a good Italian restaurant. The one right next door is excellent!

3  Thank AKLover
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Mood lighting, cloth table clothes, it just screams Italian restaurant... with upscale menu and atmosphere but reasonable prices. And if you are staying at the BW next door, well you can stagger home after that bottle of chianti wine.

4  Thank JPSaleebyMD