“My ONLY choice when staying in Columbia!”

Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Trial and error has taught me that Hampton Inns are always dependably nice. This particular one is exceptionally lovely due in large part to the staff. Their friendliness, helpfulness and attention to detail made me feel like a VIP! You can't beat the location if you are visiting the university, have business in the city, or dining out. When I come to Columbia, this hotel will be the ONLY place for me!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Dear DJM7879,

It's so refreshing to hear that after "trial and error" that you found where "home" is; (HAMPTON INNS!!). I'm also delighted to hear that our staff made you feel like the VIP that you are!
Your feedback is vital to the success of our operations and ensuring that your stay is 100% satisfactory, and we look forward to another opportunity.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Fabulous staff, clean accommodations, comfortable environment, centrally located to all of downtown Columbia. If there's a better value in Columbia I dare you locate it. As a huge fan of Hampton Inn everywhere, I rate this particular hotel among the top facilities in the USA. Only wish my travel plans could have allowed me a longer stay, however, I'll be back in a month and will certainly treat myself and family to the privilege of Hampton Inn, Columbia at that time. I am considering selling my home and moving into this hotel ( I jest ). There are not sufficient accolades to cover my experience .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Dear nona_urbiznis,

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!! What a wonderul review on your experience, as well as thank you for being such a loyal fan of Hampton Inn hotels!
I look forward to your return visit in a month, and please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance in making your stay even better!

Most sincerely,

Reviewed October 28, 2010

One of the best Hamptons I have stayed in, and I stay in at least 40 per year. Staff was great, hotel was clean and the local restaurants are within short walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Dear Sanderson57,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. It's good to hear that we met your accommodation needs and more!
We look forward to your return visit to our property, and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.

My best,

Reviewed October 22, 2010

Awesome hotel, great location, right downtown. Great staff, nice facilities, great breakfast. O wait, did i mention there is a free happy hour from 530 - 730? Wow. This place is definately worth the money.

G Man

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Dear GMan5431,

I sincerely thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at my location. It's especially good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the free Happy Hour.
I look forward to your return stay at our location, and if there is anything further we can do to make your stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Working in Columbia with a film crew of 9 this Hampton Inn provided everything we needed.
Great rooms, breakfast and many restaurants within walking distance to choose from. The staff was the most helpful of any I've encountered. We spent 4 nights there then drove to Charleston. Rather than spending 2 nights in Charleston, the crew voted to drive back to Columbia HI and end our road trip on a high note.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Kaythom,

It was a great pleasure accommodating you and your crew! My staff thoroughly enjoyed interacting with your staff, and they still reminisce about how great your crew was and how they look forward to your return stay the next time you're in Columbia, SC. Little did I know that your crew voted to come back to our location; unbelievable!! That really says a lot about your experience at our location, and we're glad that we could do that for you!

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed August 23, 2010

The location of this facility is fabulous. Right in the heart of great restaurants and night life which was perfect after we moved our daughter in to her new apartment for her upcoming senior year at U of South Carolina. An abosolutely great experience and booked a room for an upcoming football weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear IKE48,

Location, Location, Location! We do take pride in our "location" and it's always good to know that it was most convenient for you. I'm sure after a long day of moving your daughter into her apartment, the last thing you want to do is TRAVEL to a restaurant.
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to accommodating you throughout the year for future USC football games and other special events!

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Great hotel for business or pleasure travel.

PROS:
- Very clean
- Friendly, competent staff
- Lots of dinner/entertainment options within easy walking distance (Starbucks across the street as well)
- Ample free parking

CONS:
- Hotel is located in a congested downtown area which is popular with USC students - noise could be an issue but it wasn't during my stay

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

Dear ProfFarnsworth,

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for listing the "PROS & CONS" as you veiwed it during your recent stay with us. We're definitely are a "downtown" property with tons of restaurants, nightlife, shops, and as you experienced, we rarely receive noise complaints.
Again thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to your return visit.