1,067 results
All reviews great location convention center within walking distance gervais street restaurants and bars state house vista area parking lot colonial life arena hotel is located usc campus staff was friendly great place to stay complimentary breakfast front desk staff business trip south carolina
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The hotel was nice and clean. The room was outstanding and the bathroom and tub were so large, I may never get my wife out of there. The staff was extremely friendly but the continental breakfast was slightly disappointing and the price of the room was too high.

Date of stay: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoninnmgmtteam, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Dreamer27767432624,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location and our staff was accommodating for you during your travels to South Carolina. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon and if you have any questions of our prices try emailing me directly at oyuki.aceituno@hilton.com and I can accommodate as best as I can!

"Making you happy, makes us happy!"

Safe Travels,
Oyuki A.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

This hotel is a great location for any traveler. Great place to unwind after work and within walking distance of many restaurants, shops, and nightlife. Hotel is extremely clean and in great shape. Highly recommended for business or pleasure travelers.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Zoey_Huggins, Front Office Supervisor at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear DiamondTraveler69,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of our hotel! We always appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests and I'm so delighted to read you enjoyed your travels to Columbia! Being able to accommodate our guests is our highest priority and your review confirms we are working in the right direction.

We hope to see you again soon, but until then, happy travels!

-Zoey H.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

I was told that I would be charge $15.00 for parking {NOT} so they comp. my parking, Then my AC unit did not work and they did not give me another room so I had to stay in a room without AC. My one night stay was $171.00 could not sleep because the room was to hot!!! When I was checking out I read a sign reading 100% satisfaction guarantee what a joke that gave me a free bottle of water. LOL

Room tip: Do not stay in room 101
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
hamptoninnmgmtteam, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear denniskB639FF,

Thank you for taking the time with your feedback on our property. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. I would love to make things right for you, at your earliest convenience please email me at oyuki.aceituno@hilton.com or you can call me as well at 803-231-2000 ext 2606.

My apologizes again, hope to hear from you soon.

"Making you happy, makes us happy!"

Safe Travels,
Oyuki A.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

This was my first trip to South Carolina and it did not disappoint. The hotel is centrally located with many restaurants, bars, and shops close. It is within walking distance to the University of South Carolina too. The outdoor pool and pool area is not very big so probably would disappoint any kids who would want to spend time swimming.

Date of stay: April 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Zoey_Huggins, Front Office Supervisor at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear beinbornjilla,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave our property a great review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate you during your travels. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and we appreciate you for choosing us as your home away from home.

I hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbia!

Until then, happy travels!

-Zoey H.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Originally we were supposed to be in the Hilton Columbia center, but some kind of "administration error" had managed to place 13 of us in this hotel, the rooms were great, big and spacious, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly the only minor issue I have is down to a laundry service not being available during the weekend! The area had enough bars, but was not overly lively.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for leaving our property such a wonderful review! We always appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests. I'd like to apologize for the administration error you experienced but I'm glad you were placed with us and had a great time in Downtown Columbia! We do hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home!

Happy travels!