“Hampton hospitality was there.”

Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We really had a wonderful time from the beginning to the end.
Thank you so much.
All the staffs were very nice to us.
And the room, it's HUGE!! and super clean.
You can use a big chest and some empty drawers in the bathroom to put your things in them.
(plus the drawers smell nice and clean, you won't imagine who put their clothes before you. This has never been on my mind when I select a hotel room, I felt OK to put my stuff on top of every flat surfaces I could find. From now on, I'll prefer a room with a big chest.)
I have to mention the great FREE breakfast (including the waffle you can bake your own) they offer. There are so many choices and it's fresh and delicious!!

To Japanese hotel seekers:
アメリカは南部も楽しいところです。特にこのホテルではスタッフが親切で、つたない英語でもゆっくり話を聞いてもらえて、とても安心できました。
貴重品を預ける金庫もフロント内にあり、パスポートなどを預けるのも安心でした。
とにかく部屋が広くて、引き出しも綺麗で、ベッドが天国のようで、朝ごはんが美味しくて、清潔感たっぷりの快適な滞在でした!ありがとうございました!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear R T,

Your're correct; Hampton Hospitality IS here! Thank you for posting your review, and from the sounds of it, you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you felt comfortable with placing your belongings on the flat surfaces; that speaks highly of our hotel cleanliness. Again, thank you and we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

The location of the Hampton Inn is excellent if your interested in dining out and not having to get in the car and drive around. There are nice clubs and restaurants right outside the hotels front and rear doors. The staff was very friendly and make an effort to speak to you upon entering a and leaving.
The room is somewhat cramped if you are traveling with kids and the beds were not as great as I have experienced at other Hampton Inns.
There was no microwave or mini fridge in room 516, so we were unable to bring leftovers for the kids to snack on if they got hungry later in the day.
The breakfast was the usual options of muffins, bagles, cereal and yogurt.

Room Tip: Request the amenities you need and not assume you will have a mini fridge or microwave.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear LibbyLoveIII,

Thank you for your review!
Most definitely on your next visit, we will have to make sure that you are accommodated in a much larger room type (micro/fridge unit included); as we have different room types that can accommodate larger families. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look foward to your return visit with us at our location.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

This location is within walking distance to great restaurants and Starbucks, THE morning essential. It is downtown, so even many of the historic or more popular attractions are very close. In fact, the state capital buildings are so close you never know who you might see at the exceptional breakfast the hotel provides.

• Stayed: January 2011
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Dear WineFoodTravelLove,

By the way, I admire your User Name - it defines "comfort". However, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our location does play a part in the fabulous experience at our location, and I'm thrilled to hear that it was very accommodating.
Please visit again very soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

You can’t beat Hampton Inn – Downtown Columbia. Great Location, Excellent service and the most comfortable beds – AND CLEAN. Great choice – will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear rgilliam76,

Summed up in a nutshell! We're glad that you had such an great experience at our location. Thank you for posting your review, and we look forward your return visit to the property.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

When staying at the Hampton Inn- historical district in Columbia, S.C. my husband and I had a fabulous time. From start to finish, the hotel employees were friendly, helpful, and gave the extra touches that make a trip more pleasurable. The room was very clean and had all the appointments that I expect. Our breakfast was wonderful, and the staff serving us were helpful and kind. The inn is located in the perfect spot for night-time fun as well. You always feel good when you hear comments like it is my pleasure, or have a wonderful day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear SheilaClemson,

The "extra touches" does make all the difference in making your stay great vs. good. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and I look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times since my son is a student at University of South Carolina. We love staying here. Quality service, cleanliness and fabulous location. However, I am very disappointed in the substabtially increased rates for football weekends. Over $300 a night is so disappointing. Way out of the budget for a regular Hampton Inn customer and unfair pricing for your clientele. I can stay just down the street at a Marriott property on a football weekend for under $150. Sorry but I think it is shameful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear SharonAnnapolis,

Thank you for completing a review on your most recent experience with us; as well as thank you for voicing your concerns regarding our special event rates.
I do understand your point of veiw, and our rates have increased slightly from the previous years. I truly value your loyalty to our location and the Hampton Brand, and I will be more than happy to further discuss this with you, at your convenience. Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2011

All you could want in a hotel. Karen at the front desk was very professional and accomodating. Rooms and hotel super clean- as I am personally annoyed when a hotel is ranke 3 star or higher and you arrive to a dated and dirty hotel. This hotel is great. Wished all the hotels I visit were of this caliber.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear WalterBTV,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your most recent experience at our location. I will make sure that Karen hears about her professionalism, as well as thank you for thinking so highly of us and giving us the opportunity to prove it!

Best Regards,