Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
  • Restaurant
Columbia Marriott(Columbia)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centerwithin walking distanceblue marlingervais streetrestaurants and barsstate housevista areaparking lotcolonial life arenahotel is locatedusc campusstaff was friendlygreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Everything about this hotel was outstanding. I made my reservation with Mr. Stenson.
The Desk Clerks were superb. Hotel cleaniness was Outstanding. Breakfast bar was great. Very pleased with this hotel, recommend to all. Great location.
Best hotel I have been to in years. Looking forward to a future visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Dear flymiller,

What an awesome review; thank you! I'm thankful and do not take for granted of our well-groomed Front Desk staff - they work so hard each day to ensure "first class" customer service, just as you received. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience, and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Most Sincerely,
Marlin Fludd, General Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2010

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn and have not been disappointed. I would recommend though seeing if you can get a room on the parking lot side of the hotel rather than on the street side. All rooms are very nice, but occasionally the street side ones can be a little noisy at night, especially if you are on a lower floor.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Dear dhk923,

Thank you for posting your response regarding your recent stay with us! It's always good news to hear that you have not been disappointed at this location! We definitely take pride in making sure that your stay(s) are positively memorable. We look forward to your return visit.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 8, 2010

Great location for attending events at the Colonial Life Arena. The staff was pleasant. I have used this hotel in he past and will continue to do so when traveling to Columbia.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Marlin17, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear rnd_2010,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! It's thrilling to hear that our location and pleasant staff has confirmed future stays with us, and we look forward to your return visit.

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The hotel is very convenient to dining, nightlife and downtown. I love it. The staff is excellent from the front desk to the housekeeping. The staff is very accommodating. The bedding is to live for. I have already researched the webpages and will be ordering the pillows very soon. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Columbia, SC area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Dear Gilchrist50,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I must agree in saying that the Hampton Inn bedding IS to live for!!
We definitely receive lots of requests for purchasing certain bedding items. Please let me know if you have any purchasing questions; I will be most happy to assist. Thank you in advance for the recommendations to our location and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

My best,

Reviewed November 11, 2010

The staff was so kind and helpful from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. Very welcoming. The room was the perfect size for my friends and I. Very clean, and cozy. The hotel itself had a very warm feel; from the front desk attendant to the layout of the hotel itself. The only complaint may be about the breakfast. Not the best/tasty selection-but can you really complain about a complimentary meal? An overall great experience. I will definitely be back next time I am visiting Columbis.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Dear marion246,

Creating "A fabulous experience" is what our goal is!! Very nice to hear that our staff displayed superior service from beginning to end. Our entire staff takes pride in making your experience a memorable one, in which it sounds like we succeeded! Prior to your next visit, please feel free to contact me so I can make sure that we offer a much better breakfast selection for you.

Many thanks,