“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #75 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Maple Heights, Ohio
“Hotel Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Arrived at hotel aug 11. Check in was quick and gentleman was courteous. room was clean except tub looked like it needed a good cleaning. I. our second day at this hotel when we left room and came back, our room was not cleaned. I guess if u have your do not disturb sign on door when housekeeping comes around u don't get room cleaned for that day even if removed when u leave. We left room at 2:00pm. Every other hotel I have been to, the housekeeper will come back before end of shift to check all the rooms that she did not clean because of sign. This happened twice to us that our room was
not cleaned. Then the maintenance man brought some man to our room to look out our window so he knew where to bring his lift claiming someone on third floor was locked out there room and they had to use lift to try to get in guest room. Manager gave same story. So u mean to tell me that if a guest gets locked out their room the only way to get them back in their room is thru a window that does not sound right at all.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed overnight here from about midnight while we were driving through. Don't look for this to be anything more than a clean, yet spartan night accommodation. The Front desk offered no assistance in calling for directions either. Seemed as if the front desk clerk barely knew how to get himself to the property. But for $49 a night with the Marriott flag, you cant complain about too much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lawrenceville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were on our way to the beach and stopped in Columbia for the night. I have a family of 5 and also had my mother with us. Towne Place's 2BR suites are the perfect set up for a family of our size for a short time period. They have efficiently laid out the room so we could accommodate everyone when we used the sleeper sofa. The check in and check out was efficient. When we arrived, they already had a crib set up in our room as requested. The room was clean and it is literally around the corner from the mall and other amenities. There is only one bathroom so it would be tough for multiple nights in my opinion, but for a short stay, it was great. My only low point was that they didn't have wi-fi in the rooms. You had to either plug in directly with ethernet or go down to the lobby. Not a deal breaker for a short stay, but would have been a deterrent on a long stay.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs because it is a little quieter. We were in 302.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mikefulford
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had two previous one night stays at this location before in the last two months and had no issues, however, my experience on May 18th made up for the past two stays. I arrived about 4pm to check in, the hotel clerk, "Teicha" seemed very pleasant. When she asked for my ID and credit card, I simply said to her that I will not be taking out my ID card from my wallet and showed it to her. Why? I had recently purchased a new wallet and it was difficult to get the ID card out. Her response to me was "I didn't ask you all that ma'am, I just wanna see your ID". As an elite member I asked her if I could get an upgrade, she said no. I asked her why, and she stated there were no upgrade rooms available. At that point, I thought there was another Towne Place Suites and I could call them to see if they had any updraded rooms and I would just switch my reservations. I asked "Teicha" if it was too late to cancel my reservations. She said no. As I am on my phone looking up the number for the other location, Ms "Teicha" informed me that she went ahead and cancelled my reservations. I asked her why did she do that and she mumbled something about it being easier than having to go back and credit my account. I stated that I did not ask her to cancel my reservation and she said yes I did. We went back and forth about 4 times on this. She proceeded to tell me that I was rude and furthermore she will NOT check me in, and that I could do whatever I wanted to do, AND she walked away from the front desk and went to an office to her left and closed the door. I am standing there in complete shock, not believing what I just heard. I shouted out excuse me and she returned with a smirk on her face. I asked to speak to her manager and she said there was noone else there, only her and she was not going to check me in. To confirm, and still in shock, I asked a few more times and she stated that my reservations had already been cancelled and she was not going to check me in. I went to my car and called the Marriott complaint line. After a half hour on the phone documenting my issue, Dennis stated that my reservation was not showing as cancelled. I was furious now. I was now determined that Ms "Teicha" would check me in. I asked Dennis to confirm everything so that I would have minimal contact with her.
Round 2. I returned to the front desk and she is standing there with a stupid grin on her face. Again, I said I am checking in, she asked for my cc/ID. and again she responded " I didn't ask you all that" in reference to the ID card. I asked her why did she lie and why was she behaving this way. her response was "I didn't lie". I asked for late check out she stated she would put it in the computer that I could check out at 1pm. Of course I did not believe her. The room was clean but the lights in the kitchen and the mini hallway were not working. Also there were only four sheets of paper towel left on the roll.
Round 3. About 9am on Sunday morning, I woke up to a constant knocking on my door. I get up to check and its housekeeping wanting to know if I had checked out. What the hell? I stated that I had late check out and went back to bed. Guess what! At 10am I hear knocking again, I decided to ignore it, but it continued. It was housekeeping AGAIN! I asked them to please leave me alone and stop harrassing me. At 11.45am, as I was about to take a shower, I hear knocking AGAIN!!! It's housekeeping wanting to know if I have late checkout. Again I said yes I do through the door, and went to take my shower. As I emerged from the shower, I heard knocking AGAIN!!! It's now 12:10pm and its two of them, the supervisor of housekeeping along with the housekeeper. The supervisor looking through her paper work asks "Are you staying another night?" With the door cracked and a towel wrapped around me,I responded no, I have late check out. She responds by telling me its not on her list. I its not my fault if its not on your list. The supervisor tells me that it was my fault. At this point, I just slammed the door and immediately called the front desk and let them have it. I was tired and couldnt take it anymore. I told "Tawanna" who answered, that this was the worst service I had ever had at any hotel and that I would never, ever return to this location, and probably the Marriott chain; and that I would not be leaving until 1:30 since I was interrupted so many times. She hung up on me. Please tell me why at 1:03pm the housekeeper is knocking AGAIN!!! I did not even go to the door, I just shouted out that I will be gone by 1:30 and will never be back. At 1:15pm I left Rm 110 and will never go back. Let's see if the manager of this location will respond to the complaint I filed. Horrendous service!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carol T
Welland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The room was nice, clean. It had a full kitchen did not use as this was just a stopover on the way to Florida. Close to highway, not too hard to find. Plenty of restaurants near by. Staff was very friendly and helpful, would definitely stay again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The room are clean as is the bathroom and hallways. The price is reasonable, $80.00, and the breakfast was more than adequate. There are numerous restaurants nearby. Although it is near the highway the room was very quiet. I would stay again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very clean and well kept. The continental breakfast was ok. Location is excellent. Close to the freeway. Bars and restaurants are in walking distance. Shopping center is close. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbia
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#29 of 94 in Columbia
Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Northwest/Harbison

Been to Home Towne Suites - Columbia? Share your experiences!