Home Towne Suites - Columbia
  • Breakfast included
$127
$118
Staybridge.com
All reviewsmiss louiseroom was cleanshopping and restaurantshome away from homewi fifull kitchenfront desk attendantthe rooms were nicecharlestonmaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night with our two dogs on the way to Hilton Head. I felt the room was very comfortable, roomy, and pleasant to be in. The bathroom was also roomy. Loved the outdoor spaces provided (fire pit, bbq, pool). But by far, my favorite part of our stay was the excellent service we recieved. Every employee was curteous and appeared truly happy to be at work. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We were next to the elevator but couldn't hear anything.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The service is outstanding! Everyone worker I had the pleasure of speaking with was super nice! The hotel does need some updating, it could use a real good cleaning as well. I didn't feel dirty but it wasn't the cleanest either! The thing that bothered me the most was the noise! The upstairs guest sounded like an elephant walking around, I heard my neighbors alarm clock go off and also snoring. Sound proofing would go a long way! My co worker wasn't happy with the way his room was cleaned, I didn't have a problem the first day but the second day I noticed they didn't sweep in the bathroom or wipe off the sink. All in all it wasn't terrible but not sure if it would be my first choice again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Overall a nice stay with inviting rooms, comfortable bed and modern appliances in the kitchen. The gym and laundry room were very clean and easy to use. The noise from above rooms can be irritating, and I found the internet to get bogged down to the point of not accessible. Only a couple of days was I unhappy with my room service. I felt that someone may have utilized my computer during a day away from my room. The fire pit, basketball court, and rocking chairs were a very nice touch to the hotel. The staff were helpful and very cheerful. Being there for a month was an opportunity to truly critique the hotel. If the opportunity arises again, i would positively stay at TownePlace Suites. I rate the hotel as very good.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the 4th floor to avoid overhead noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very Nice motel. New - love the outside area with the fire pit and rocking chairs. Beds very comfortable- rooms spacious and very clean. Would have given the hotel 5 stars but for the lack of cell service in our room. The manager on duty was very nice and helpful and moved us to another room but still no service and since the hotel was full not a lot of options. The hotel wifi worked wonderfully and was very happy to have it. The outdoor area was a big draw for people staying in the hotel with a 1/2 basketball court, plenty table and chairs to sit in and rocking chairs around the fire pit. Nice pool area. Did not eat breakfast so cannot comment on that personally but the coffee was very good. Great front desk people. Very Nice...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This suite is exactly what the pictures and descriptions say it is except the wonderful sound of closing your bedroom door to your own space while traveling as a family. Modern decor, clean, pool area is refreshingly clean. Very comfortable bed. a bit on the pricy side for a young family.

This is an apartment, wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2012