“favorite place in Columbia”
Review of Cellar on Greene

Cellar on Greene
Ranked #30 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Cellar on Greene may be my favorite restaurant in Columbia. Its atmosphere is inviting and casual but definitely has an upscale feel. The wait staff will always share good recommendations for wine and for food, and you always get great service. Best of all, the wine selection is awesome and there are always recommended pairings with the always changing menu. The food is creative but not "weird," and the flavors the chef puts together and always amazing. This is a great date spot and a fun place to come with friends.

1  Thank mbpfister

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

A true hidden treasure in Columbia. The place was fantastic! Great atmosphere along with a fabulous little menu. Choose a three course meal for under $25. And the coursers are plenty big. The wine selection was awesome - and they have $5 wines by the glass which are also good. Go. A true gem in Five Points.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love Restaurant Week in South Carolina. It motivates my wife and I to eat out more often than we might otherwise and to try some different places. My wife wasn't able to go with me, so I went alone to Cellar on the Greene where we had never eaten. Long line, which I guess is a good thing, but unusual in Columbia SC. I sat at the bar and had a very nice meal with interesting choices. I will go back with my wife. Restaurant week works!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cellar on Greene offers that unique combination of friendly local watering hole -- except with exquisite choices in vino -- and upscale foodie mecca -- except without the snootiness and expense. It's also great because people with different dining preferences can go together - one person just sipping wine, another interested in a small plate, and another hungry for a full meal - and everyone can leave happy. Plus there are great seating options as well -- the bar, small intimate tables, and a large community table where you can gather with friends.

1  Thank Chapinite
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My daughter and I loved the FAB pizza here. The waitress let us taste several a wine selection before committing to it, and did her best to direct to us a bold red. However, overall we were disappointed in the depth of the wine offerings. The retail section of the restaurant had a much better wine selection than the menu.
Pleasant service and nice atmosphere. We will return again and see if wine offering on menu improves.

1  Thank mbase5