“Good hotel and value for the money.”

Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Nice hotel, easy to get to with access to the Interstate. Rooms are large and comfortable which is it's best quality. Easy wireless access for the internet. Staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2010

The Holiday Inn have an excellent personal. The hotel is like a Rich Person House. The room always clean smell great, is comfortables and the using organic sheet that feel great. The bathroom is big and good ones, they supply higienic products that are great and organics too. In the room you have a refrigerator, a big plasma, a desk with a lamp, three lamps, an air conditioner. Really you feel like home. The hotel have a pool that was great, a gym, a businnes center that provides computers with internet and printers. You have a free parking and internet in all rooms. Near the hotel have gas stations, restaurants. The hotel is the best and comfortable one. It was a good experience that makes you feel like home.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

Liz was there my entire stay. She was very friendly and helpful and attentive to my specific needs in adding a day to my stay.
Each time I entered or exited the staff was there to greet me-including the maintenance and cleaning crews.
At breakfast, the service was friendly and the area was well kept.
My room was comfortable and each day that I returned, it smelled and looked fresh. Wonderful sleep for my longs days.
I am coming back to Columbia in September and plan to stay there again. Cherie B.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

The hotel itself is extremely nice. It looks like it was built a month ago and is particularly well appointed for a Holiday Inn Express (rivaling other higher ticket hotels). However, it’s the staff that is really most impressive. I interacted with about 6 staff members and can state without reservation that each one was not only exceedingly friendly, but also helpful way beyond the norm. Clearly, the Manager of this institution (Ms. Melonie Watson) not only knows how to run a hotel, but also how to select and energize her personnel.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Upon check-in, the lady at the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Discovered that this motel did not have a pool but decided to stay there anyway. (It was around 100-degrees.) Getting off to a good start was misleading however. The room I stayed in had lots of bugs. Big bugs crawling along the wall in the morning, smaller bugs flying around the window. I wish I had noticed them BEFORE I spent the night in the room. I notified the male desk person about it upon check out. He simply said, "Sorry." So am I. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
hiexharbison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Please accept my sincere appology for lack of pest control in your room. I would also like to appologize for the way my staff handled your complaint. This is not a common example of how we take care of our hotel, or guests. I will use your feedback as an opportunity tfor improvement.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We had to stay in the hotel because the Air Conditioning went out at our home, My Wife has Asthma, and I can't handle the heat very well, anyway We, found that the room we were staying in had not been cleaned very well, in the bathroom, there was hair everywhere from the shower to the floor the toilet the counter, if that was not bad enough when we got ready for bed, we even found hair in the bed was well, we went to the front desk to get a clean set of sheets for the bed, We should have had the room for FREE. The staff at The Holiday Inn Express cut the room rate in Half, The next time We need a Hotel Room, We will go to the Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scott201050

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I apologize for the condition of you room.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

The reception at this facility was excellent. (Lliz)The Inn Keeper for the night greeted us with a smile and directed us most efficiently. Liz had returned for the day shift---so the early morning greeting and help continued. The "continental breakfast" was fit for a king--good, quality , warm food presented in a pleasant room by a cordial staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank You for taking the time to acknowledge the customer service you received. I have shared your review with Liz and it truely made her day! Hope to see you again soon!