“Make sure they aren't doing construction before you book.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #31 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Make sure they aren't doing construction before you book.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We checked into the hotel following our visit to the columbia zoo intending to rest; however, they were doing construction on the floor beneath us and it was rather noisy making it impossible to get any rest. There was also some sort of powder in the elevator, from construction im assuming. If it had not been for that i probably would have given this hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Mason A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback! We strive to offer excellent accommodations and customer service to each and every one of our guests, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. We have been working on several exciting renovations over the past few weeks which include updates to the guest bathrooms. We are truly sorry for any inconveniences that these renovations may have caused during your stay. In an effort to complete renovations without disrupting our guests, we are only allowing construction between the hours of 10AM and 7PM. We would like to thank all travelers for their patience and understanding while we finish up renovations and create a new and improved experience for our guests! Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Sincerely
Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year on our way to the beach. It's a convenient location with plenty of dining choices. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The shower heads are fantastic! Our shower was stuck on shower though and was a surprise when I turned it on. Overall good stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Krista F,

Thank you very much for your four star review! We are so glad that you and your family choose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison hotel every year on your way to the beach. We truly appreciate the kind words about our convenient location, friendly staff members, and clean guest rooms. Thanks again for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Chapin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a local here in Columbia. Occasionally I have my District Manager from Atlanta
staying here. The staff is very friendly and efficient. They treat her very well and always
have a room ready for her since she drives in from Atlanta.
The rooms are very nice, clean and charming. I would recommend to any business or
any traveler to stay here. It is also in the center of Harbison where there is a Carmike
Theater, Columbiana mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Kathie R,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We are so glad to hear that we can provide a home away from home for your District Manager. We strive to offer excellent accommodations and top notch customer service to each and every guest, so we are delighted to hear all of your positive feedback. In addition, we are pleased to hear that you enjoy our convenient location near Columbiana Mall, movie theaters, and various restaurants. We hope that you and your Manager will visit us again soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay here every week. Each week I have to clean my floor, the microwave, the coffee pot, indeed every surface I know I will touch. Service staff are wonderful, however, they seem overwhelmed with trying to control the cleaning staff. Some days, my room is not restocked nor is it cleaned not even touched up. I typically stay here two or three days every week in each week it is the same. The internet is spotty if you stay at the end of the halls you will have issue connecting. In some rooms updating is necessary as curtains are missing backing fabric, peeling wallpaper, things on the wall, and in general dirty and in general state of disrepair. Also, very loud as you can hear everything from the hallway. Not worth the price and I will be looking for a new location. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Suites or express and this is by far the most neglected and the most dirty. Finally, breakfast is supposed to be ready and it seldom is, I always have to ask or wait sometimes I don't have time so I do not eat. Disappointing and very sad as I have taken steps to clean my own room each time I am here I have to now pack antibacterial wipes.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mkitche
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear mkitche,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you have chosen to stay with us for your weekly visits to Columbia, South Carolina. However, we are disappointed to hear about the inconveniences that you have experienced during previous stays. We strive to offer excellent customer service and spotless accommodations to each and every one of our guests. We have sent you a private message in hopes that our General Manager, Melanie Walton, can contact you directly about your stay! This way, we can further investigate the situation described above and find you a room that will meet all of your travel needs. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Management Team
lexington,ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is a little off the main drag but can be easily found . The front desk staff was friendly and some what knowlegable about area attractions. The room I had was a kingsize bed.It had a fridge and mircro wave in the room and the location was far enough off of I-26 that it was quiet. The thing that impressed me most was the caring of the weekend breakfast lady I think her name was Dorithy. She was working her tail off! She and I both witnessed a particular guest stuffing her travel bag full of goodies from the bar afterward I spoke to her about thisand told her i had seen the same thing she didnot mind anthing a person ate but it was unfair to the kitchen to take more than they could eat at a sitting. This spoke volumes to me as she was concerned that if this continued that she would be out of a job,or the price of a stay would go up. I would hire this lady in a heartbeat, shewould be an asset ton any place!

Room Tip: The cookies in the lobby are a nice touch
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear lookinforfish,

A special thanks to you and your friends for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel! We truly appreciate the kind words about our quiet atmosphere, close proximity to Interstate 26, and friendly staff members. We take great pride in our hard working employees and love sharing positive feedback from our hotel guests. Dorothy and the rest of our team will be delighted to hear your compliments! Thanks again for all of your time. We truly appreciate it and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night in this hotel on our way to Gatlinburg for spring break. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was was clean. The breakfast was the usual hotel fare, but was very good and well stocked. The only issue we had was one of the beds in our room was worn to the point that it actually had sunk down areas that you rolled down into. I would recommend this hotel if in the Columbia area, but just hope you do not get the bad bed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear trvmike,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel as you traveled through Columbia, South Carolina. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, clean hotel, and free breakfast buffet. We strive to offer comfortable accommodations for each and every one of our guests, so we are very sorry that the bed did not quite meet your travel needs. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared your concern with our management team. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. We hope that you and your family enjoyed spring break in Gatlinburg and that you will come back to see us the next time that you are traveling through Columbia, South Carolina.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while traveling through the area. I booked the room while driving, the booking through Holiday Inn was great and easy which was handy while driving. Check in was easy and the rooms were clean and new. Beds were soft and the the shower was powerful and clean. We paid $99.00 +tax which I though was a deal and included breakfast. I will put them on the list as a place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear ScottH040,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your recent travels through Columbia, South Carolina. We truly appreciate your five star review and the kind words about our quick and easy check in, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Our rates vary depending on dates and availability, so we are delighted to hear that you called ahead to secure your reservation. We encourage all of our guests to call in advance to make their reservations. This way, we can guarantee the reservation and preferred room type. We cannot thank you enough for sharing all of this wonderful feedback with fellow travelers. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#30 of 94 in Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard? Share your experiences!