Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #33 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
lexington,ky
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is a little off the main drag but can be easily found . The front desk staff was friendly and some what knowlegable about area attractions. The room I had was a kingsize bed.It had a fridge and mircro wave in the room and the location was far enough off of I-26 that it was quiet. The thing that impressed me most was the caring of the weekend breakfast lady I think her name was Dorithy. She was working her tail off! She and I both witnessed a particular guest stuffing her travel bag full of goodies from the bar afterward I spoke to her about thisand told her i had seen the same thing she didnot mind anthing a person ate but it was unfair to the kitchen to take more than they could eat at a sitting. This spoke volumes to me as she was concerned that if this continued that she would be out of a job,or the price of a stay would go up. I would hire this lady in a heartbeat, shewould be an asset ton any place!

Room Tip: The cookies in the lobby are a nice touch
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear lookinforfish,

A special thanks to you and your friends for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel! We truly appreciate the kind words about our quiet atmosphere, close proximity to Interstate 26, and friendly staff members. We take great pride in our hard working employees and love sharing positive feedback from our hotel guests. Dorothy and the rest of our team will be delighted to hear your compliments! Thanks again for all of your time. We truly appreciate it and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night in this hotel on our way to Gatlinburg for spring break. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was was clean. The breakfast was the usual hotel fare, but was very good and well stocked. The only issue we had was one of the beds in our room was worn to the point that it actually had sunk down areas that you rolled down into. I would recommend this hotel if in the Columbia area, but just hope you do not get the bad bed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear trvmike,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel as you traveled through Columbia, South Carolina. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, clean hotel, and free breakfast buffet. We strive to offer comfortable accommodations for each and every one of our guests, so we are very sorry that the bed did not quite meet your travel needs. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared your concern with our management team. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. We hope that you and your family enjoyed spring break in Gatlinburg and that you will come back to see us the next time that you are traveling through Columbia, South Carolina.

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison Management Team
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while traveling through the area. I booked the room while driving, the booking through Holiday Inn was great and easy which was handy while driving. Check in was easy and the rooms were clean and new. Beds were soft and the the shower was powerful and clean. We paid $99.00 +tax which I though was a deal and included breakfast. I will put them on the list as a place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear ScottH040,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your recent travels through Columbia, South Carolina. We truly appreciate your five star review and the kind words about our quick and easy check in, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Our rates vary depending on dates and availability, so we are delighted to hear that you called ahead to secure your reservation. We encourage all of our guests to call in advance to make their reservations. This way, we can guarantee the reservation and preferred room type. We cannot thank you enough for sharing all of this wonderful feedback with fellow travelers. We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bensalem
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The southern hospitality is in abundance at this hotel. I spoke with the front desk staff, housekeeping and the breakfast worker, everyone here is so nice, friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and decorated very tastefully. The rooms are spacious, including the bathroom. They serve cookies in the lobby in the evening, and I found that to be a nice touch. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, everything from fresh made pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, plus all of the other items you would like in the morning. I would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor. It is quiet, yet close to everything without having to use the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear B S,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Holiday Inn Express Columbia hotel! We are so glad that you and your family chose to stay with us during your recent trip to Columbia, South Carolina. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, clean hotel, tasteful decorations, spacious guest rooms, and wonderful breakfast buffet! We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the fresh cookies that we serve in our lobby. It is our goal to find each guest a room that meets all of their travel needs. Since you enjoy rooms on the first floor, please contact the front desk directly to make your next reservation so that we can put this request right on your reservation. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We really appreciate it and cannot thank you enough for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was disappointed for a number of reasons. First I was assigned a handicap room and when i expressed disappointment with the front desk while I was checking in all I got was "Sorry we are booked solid tonight." At 7 pm I would guess that there are people who had not checked in yet. Not what a Priorty gold member wants to hear. The bed was fine but in the bath I got a loose comode seat that was really loose and a shower that had a hand held spray on a bar that no only shot straight out but continually slid down the bar. The next issue was while working at the desk in the morning the maid was really loud in the hall knocking on doors but after she knocked on mine and I let her know it would be another hour before I was checking out, she waited around two minutes and tried to enter my room without knocking. Had I not engaged the the privacy lock she wouldhave been inside before she realized her mistake. I have stayed here before and was completely satisfied but I am shopping around next time I am staying in Columbia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JoeG7857
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear JoeG7857,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced a few inconveniences during your most recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments, because it is feedback like yours that allows us to improve and better serve our future guests.
First, we would like to apologize for the miscommunication about your preferred room type. Occasionally, our guests run into difficulties when they book through third party websites that do not allow travelers to choose their preferred room type. We encourage all of our guests to book through our hotel directly so that you can choose a room type that best suits your travel needs. We understand your frustration upon check in and we will share this review with our front desk team so that we can be better prepared to handle similar situations in the future.
We also want to apologize for the difficulties that you encountered with your guest room and housekeeping on this particular visit. Our General Manager, Melanie Walton, would like to collect a few more details about your stay so that she can follow up on the issues described above. We have sent you a private message in hopes that we can set up a time to chat with you directly about your visit. Thanks in advance for all of your time and feedback. We appreciate it and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can offer you the excellent service and accommodations that all of our guests deserve!

Austell, GA
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Scenario: Couples weekend getaway.

Pros: *Great location. Walking distance to Columbiana Centre (mall). Close proximity to shops/restaurant.
*Front desk/housekeeping staff was excellent and professional. Kudos to Monica!
*Nice modern decor; Clean comfortable room/bathroom.
*Breakfast was "ok". Food was hot and selection was good. Dining area was clean/comfortable.

Cons: *Nothing

Thank you Holiday Inn Express for a great weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KaramelKissess
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear KaramelKissess,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Holiday Inn Express Columbia hotel. We are so glad that you and your significant other chose to stay with us for your couples weekend getaway! We truly appreciate the kind words about our professional staff members, modern décor, and comfortable rooms. Monica and the rest of our team were delighted to hear your positive review. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and local area attractions. We appreciate the compliments about our breakfast selection and comfortable dining area. However, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve our breakfast from an ‘ok’ to a ‘great’, we would love your feedback! Please feel free to respond to our private message on Tripadvisor. You can also contact our General Manager, Melanie Walton, directly! Just call 803-732-2229 and ask for Melanie! Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We are so glad that you had a great weekend with us and hope that you will come back to visit us again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Harbison Management Team
Burbank, California
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very nice HI Express. The surrounding area offers a lot to do- dining, shopping, convenience to the freeway. I travel to Columbia for business and will continue to stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear autiger3313,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We are so glad that you chose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel for your recent business trip to Columbia, South Carolina. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the interstate, dining, shopping, movie theatres, and more! Thank you for making us your home away from home in Columbia, South Carolina. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia / Harbison Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#27 of 94 in Columbia
Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Hyatt Place Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard? Share your experiences!