“Great Oyster Bar”

Oyster Bar Columbia
Ranked #49 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The oysters are fresh and delicious. The service is outstanding. The ambiance is just what I want in an oyster bar--congenial and chatty. The beer and wine were served promptly and often. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Bar Columbia

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here to get some oysters. We got a seat at the bar but were virtually ignored by the bartenders. Then when they did wait on us they acted like we were bothering them. We ordered drinks and actually had to ask them to get them!!! We didn't order anything but that one drink and got out. It was miserable.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Another reviewer had mentioned the strange tasting oysters but my husband and I went anyways. My husband had the shrimp and we shared a couple dozen oysters. The price was moderate and the ambiance typical of a decent oyster bar. However, the food was off to me with an unusual flavor. I won't go back or recommend this oyster bar.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went there for happy hour. The service from everyone we dealt was great! It is no frills in appearance but we loved it!! Oysters were amazing. Nothing bad here! You need to check it out.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I picked this place to celebrate his 21st birthday and are we glad we did! The front has a bar and table area, while the back behind the bar you can sit at a long bar area where the server's shuck the oysters for you. My husband and I sat in the back. He got the Gumbo and said it was some of the best he's ever had - he hasn't stopped talking about going back just so he can get more. I got the crab legs, nothing special, but the price was EXCELLENT, I've never found a pound of crab for so cheap. My husband was drinking a certain type of beer that night, but when the bartender accidentally gave him the wrong beer, he apologized, brought him the correct one, and didn't charge for the wrong one, but still let him drink it. I asked for the sweetest wine on the menu, when the server didn't know he asked a group of women who were all drinking wine and brought me one, this is now my favorite wine! After eating our gumbo and crab, my husband and I were still hungry so we ordered a half pound of crab with the garlic flavor which was great. The cocktail sauce there is THE BEST. We were going to buy a jar but decided against it because we were still going to walk around the area. All in all we spent WAY less than we thought we would and got some awesome food and GREAT service. Can't wait to go back!