“Business in Columbia SC”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Front desk staff are awesome! Ashish and Kevin were great to work with and went out of their way to get me a great room and whatever was needed. Raven in the breakfeast area was also awesome and very attentive and friendly. Althought I tend to use Marriott's i'll stay at this hotel EVERY time in in Columbia SC for either busines or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear 76gregs76,

We are glad you stayed at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and our sincere thanks to team mate for booking with us!! It is great pleasure to know that guests who are very loyal to another hotel brand enjoyed their stay with us and will come back. All of our efforts are worth it and that is what hospitality is all about. Our team has some fantastic team members; Kevin and Raven are certainly on top their game each and every day.

It was such pleasure to meet you and we hope to have you back with us on your next business trip to Columbia, SC.

Ashish Desai

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was quite a lovely hotel, very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful but there are a few things that need your attention when staying there. First, request a room on the back side of hotel if you don't want to hear the noise from the street, and away from the elevators too. There is a train that goes through the neighborhood but only my husband heard it during the night so it was not too much of a problem for me. Second, if you don't like a very hard mattress, find the dials that change the firmness and set them to soft. Lastly, my biggest issue was an odor in our room which seemed to be from either the rugs, fabrics, furniture, or cleaning products that had a mildew-like scent which given the cleanliness of the hotel and it's relative newness, I can't imagine it was mildew or mold. However, it was strong enough that my can of Lysol and my perfume could not correct it and it kept me up most of the night. I am sure that the management of the hotel will investigate this, since they did seemed to be very attentive and concerned that our stay was satisfactory. I would recommend this hotel as long as you are aware of these issues, since for me having a clean place to stay is important and that I can assure you is the case here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, away from elevators and on the back side of hotel away from the str...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear a-picky-lady,

We thank you for selecting our property and for taking time to post this review to let us know how we are doing. We truly believe in providing all of our guests with the value and hospitality that Hilton is known for. Our team is committed to put forth nothing but the best for our guests and we take all comments and concerns very seriously from our guests.

Noise can be an issue if some is a light sleeper; however, the street in front of the hotel is generally very quiet after the evening rush. Upon your next visit please request a room on the front side, you may find it surprisingly quiet. There is a train that passes; however, very few guests have motioned it to us that they were bothered. I can understand how our GSS mattress can be a bit firm if someone is used to a a spring mattress, however, with the adjustment to soft, it will mold to body for both sleepers as the mattress can be adjusted for both sides.

I want to assure you that the odor is not from the mold/mildew. Our housekeeping team does a fantastic job in keeping our rooms ultra clean as we are ranked among the best in the brand. We have done some searching and found that the odor is caused from the a/c unit. The units are controlled with an energy saving thermostat and it will not run when room is not occupied. If a room goes unoccupied for a couple of days and temperature is maintained, the unit will not run at all causing a stagnate air and may produce an odor. Our engineering department tries their best to stay on top and we wash the units at least twice a year to keep them clean. We are one of the very few hotels that I have come to know that actually wash their a/c unit filters upon every check-out.

Your input is very valuable and I will be sure to share it with our team. We care about our products and services very much and I would welcome any suggestions you may have for us. Our team takes pride in what we do and we like hearing from our guests as it is the best way to learn and improve. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 803.807.9015 or via email at GM.Columbia@HotelEvolution.net. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The customer service, and overall facility was absolutely superb. The staff was very attentive, and the quality of food at the onsite restaurant was great. The room was very nicely decorated,and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again, when visiting friends in Columbia. Keep up the good work Hilton :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Divacrew1,

We appreciate your warm words for our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and our team. We thank you sincerely for choosing our property and for posting this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. Our team strives to provide each and every guest the perfect stay. We will be surely awaiting your arrival on your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were on a road trip down the east coast, we just left a hilton garden inn in Virginia and decided to try another as we were impressed with the first one.
On arrival we were greeted and checked in by friendly staff members. The room was large and clean, with a big bathroom.
Our dinner was delicious and the hotel accommodated all our requests. One of our party is gluten free and we were helped and well looked after by Turquoise a friendly member of staff.
Overall this hotel is great and can't wait to try the pool and jacuzzi facilities in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Weypuss,

Many thanks to you for being such a loyal guest with Hilton Garden Inn brand and for choosing our property on your road trip. I’m pleased to hear that you had a wonderful welcome at our property and enjoyed your room. Our restaurant team does a wonderful job in the evening and I’m glad that they were able to accommodate your special need. I will be sure to share your comments with Turquoise.

Hope you had a chance next morning to try out our indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, if not then you know where to find us as the pool and Jacuzzi both our opening year around. We will see you on your next will trip through Columbia, SC.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We researched the available hotels in Columbia while we were on the highway. This one jumped out at me because it was so highly rated yet the price was about the same as many of the lower priced ones. We also opted for the breakfast, which was four dollars per person. They not only have the standard continental type Motel breakfast but will make you whatever you want to order as well. Yes, the beds are hard, but comfy. Couldn't have a brighter, friendlier staff! Highly recommended and we'll definitely come back! No wonder they're #1!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gentilhomme

Dear Gentilhomme,

Thank you for staying with us and the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast and for taking time to post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectation based on other reviews. We do have a restaurant in house that serves a wonderful fresh cook to order breakfast for $9.95 per person; it seems that the bed and breakfast package deal worked out very well for you. Our restaurant also serves dinner and evening room service is available nightly as well.

I can understand that how our garden sleep system mattress can be a little firm, however they are designed to support your back and are one of the best in the hotel industry. Thank you for the kind words for our team and that's what really makes us #1. We hope to see you back with us upon your next road trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. I felt welcome and safe. So glad I decided to stay there. I would highly recommend for anyone staying near Columbia South Carolina. I had been driving for quite a while so this was a wonderful respite. It would have been nice to have more things around it but you can see that the area is developing and should have more restaurants, etc.

Dear GatorRandy,

Accept my sincerest thanks for such a wonderful compliment, "Hidden Gem", that's one of the best compliment we have had recently. We are glad that you found us after such a long drive and we were able to provide you with everything right when you needed it. Taking care of travelers away from home is what hospitality is all about and our team understands that. We hope to see you again when you are passing through Columbia, SC.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Columbia / Northeast South Carolina was an Outstanding hotel with an awesome staff and chef. I truly felt the southern hospitality. The rooms, hallway, elevators, pool and gym were all clean! The business center was also nice with great working equipment. I was truly impressed and will return very soon.

Dear Vonita C,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Our entire team is involved in making sure that each and every stay is an exceptional stay. We thank you for noticing our efforts and well kept facilities. We will be awaiting your arrival soon!!

Regards,