“great staff!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia SC
“great staff!!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked an event in one of their meeting rooms and was very pleased with the facility and attentiveness of the staff. In particular, Gregory Austin was very helpful and professional. I can recommend the sleeping rooms, presentation rooms, and the whole facility without reservation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Judy B,

Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for your event and taking time to post review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you were very pleased with our team. Gregory is very instrumental to our event team and as always he makes it a priority to ensure that events go through smoothly and guests leave very satisfied. We are proud to have him as our team member.

We thank you for you kind words and recommendation. Thank you for the opportunity and we look forward to working with you on your future events.

Ashish Desai, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and I spent one Friday evening at this hotel. The hotel was very clean and in a location that was convenient with shopping and restaurants close by. The room was nice and bed was comfortable. However, it was a very rude awakening when it sounded like a freight train was coming though the room at 2:20 AM! I thought I was having a nightmare!

After finally returning to sleep I was awakened again about 4 AM to another train. Thought I was in a bad Seinfeld episode. We checked out early the next morning and I did not have a chance to ask management if the train was a recurring event or just a Friday night event.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I know the trains can be disturbing to some of our guests. If you are a light sleeper we encourage you to notify us on checkin so we can put you in an area that is more accommodating to your needs. However with that being said I will encourage you to reach out to me. I would like to do something for you, due to the disturbance you experienced. We pride ourselves on world class golden glove service. I hate to hear we did not live up to the standards we live by. You can reach me at the hotel main phone line.

Joseph Skopp
OMM Manager
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Woodmen of The World has monthly meetings of 40+ people at HGI every month and has been for the last several years. HGI is one of only a couple of full service hotels in the NE area. They have a great chef and very professional employees who are determined to make your event or overnight stay the best expereince. Our Managers can choose any hotel to stay at however, HGI is the choice for their overnight stay every month and HGI accommodates their every need including a reserved spot with an electric car hook up for one of the Managers. After our meeting each month the one comment we get is the meeting was great and so was the food. It's convenent to everything, professional, clean and very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Donna H,

Thank you for taking time to review our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and for your continuous patronage. Your kind words are appreciated very much and means lot to our team that their efforts are noticed and valued. We are glad to be able to accommodate all of your overnight guests as well as their requests. We promise to satisfy each and every guest and we do everything we can to achieve that.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity and words of encouragement for our team. We are looking forward to have your next event at our property.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Easy on / off Interstate 77 with a wide selection of places to eat. Great bed, ultra clean room, friendly professional welcoming staff, restaurant food exceptional, and all for a good price. Again the restaurant food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel for extended stays and weary travelers.

• Stayed February 2013
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear debzib,

Thank you for taking time to review our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast on TripAdvisor and we certainly appreciate you choosing our property.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System bed and our Great American Grill restaurant. Our team's goal is to satisfy each and every guest and we take pride in what we do to create a memorable experience for all of our guests and visitors.

Thank you for the kind words and we will see you on your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The customer service was the best. From the front desk (Dan Bollinger) through the whole breakfast staff, awesome!! The hotel was clean and well maintained throughout. Thumbs up to this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Amos W,

Thanks for the great comments. We appreciate you taking time to commend our team!

I will be sure to pass your comments along to Dan and Breakfast team. Our housekeeping team and engineer take pride in their work. When guests such as you take notice, it makes their day! As a GM, I am proud to have awesome team.

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbia, SC.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The location is in a safe surburban area, very convenient to I-77 in Northeast Columbia. Staff are always eager to make sure guests have an enjoyable and productive stay. Breakfast is great, and dinner/bar is very nice as well. I stay here multiple nights each year and have found it consistently excellent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear KA2013_13,

We thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words will go a long way in keeping up our team’s enthusiasm.

Our convenient location with superior facility coupled with consistently excellent service is what makes this hotel an ideal choice for all travels. Our team takes pride in what they do and we always want to make sure our guests leave the property very satisfied.

Thank you again and we will be awaiting your arrival on your next visit Columbia, SC.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I will say that my company paid so I'm not sure on prices. Stayed here hike on a business trip. Very clean rooms, spacious, and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again while traveling on business.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Grumpylicous,

Thank you for taking time to post review regarding your pleasant experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast. It is has been our goal to satisfy all guests regardless of their reason of visit. I am glad to find out that you enjoyed your recent business trip to Columbia, SC and found our hotel to be very clean and comfortable.

Thank you again and we will be awaiting your arrival on your next visit.