“Baby Shower and Stay Over” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Baby Shower and Stay Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had hosted my wife's baby shower at this location, I had over 120 people coming to this event. The service that staff provided was excellent, my family and friends were amazed they made my event more enjoyable by doing every thing they did I would not have found any better place to host this event. Also they stay at this location was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HRP54184
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear HRP54184,

Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for your wife’s Baby Shower and taking time to let us know how we are doing.

We were glad to be part of your event and we are certainly delighted to know that our team made it an enjoyable event for your family and friends. Our banquet team does consistently deliver the level of service that our guests expect and we are very proud to have them aboard.

Many thanks to you for the kind words, I will be sure to convey your review to our team. We hope to see you in future with you future events and thank you again for the kind words for our team.

Ashish Desai, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here just before Christmas 2012 when visiting my mom and sister. It is close to where my mom lives (Rice Home) so it was very convenient. They have a cooked to order breakfast ($$ unless you are a Hilton Honors member with lots of points) and the pool and work out facility is very nice. We were on the first floor across from the pool and the second night it got kind of loud with some of the guests - children yelling and such.
The facilities were very nice but I think the value is not there.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 1st floor and the pool area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gtJohn
Dear gtJohn,

I want to thank you for taking time to convey your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast. We are located very conveniently on I-77 & Farrow Rd. Exit 19. The indoor heated pool is one of our distinct features as it provides tremendous value, especially during the winter season. I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by children from the pool. We can certainly alleviate that with a room on a higher floor upon your next visit.

Our in-house restaurant, the Great American Grill, serves a cook to order breakfast daily for $9.95 per person and dinner is served nightly. We will be awaiting your arrival on future visit to Columbia, SC and we thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast.

Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for the night. I had made reservations weeks in advance based on tripadvisor recommendations. Easy access from I77. Check-in was easy, The hotel staff at check-in and dining services were extremely polite and professional. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast included with our room was better than most, They advertise good service and they deliver. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wisebo
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear wisebo,

We would like to thank you and your wife for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast, SC for your recent trip and taking time to write a review about your experience.

It is our goal to satisfy each and every guest with all aspects of our property.
It is our team’s ability to deliver hospitality and their professionalism is what enables us to serve all of our guests daily. Everyone from the Front Desk Team to F&B Team, right to the Housekeeping Team, we take pride in what we do and when guests notice our efforts we feel very appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System beds as they are one of the best in industry. Our fresh cook to order breakfast served daily is certainly a great value.

We will be looking forward to having you back on your next trip and our team wishes you and your family Happy Holidays.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveling to Virginia and we took the advice, as usual, of tripadvisor.com posters. You guys are the best! This place is immaculate. The service is excellent. The price is right. The location is fantastic;1/4 mile off Interstate 77, but still far enough away that you don't notice anything but nice office complexes and office parks. Excellent area of town.

We are booking on the way home because we like this place so much. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear ILUVFOOD,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for your trip and taking time to let us know how we are doing. It is guests such as yourself that truly appreciate all the hard work that is put in by our team and your comments will inspire us to continue with our efforts.

I am glad the location worked out well for you as we are located very conveniently on I-77 sorounded by business parks, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and state agencies in good area of Northeast Columbia.

We are looking forward to having you back with us on your trip back to home and hope you have a safe journey and Happy Thanksgiving.

Charlotte NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family stayed at the Hilton Garden Northeast this past weekend. We really enjoyed our 2 queen beds suite, which was clean, comfortable and spacious with 2 flat screen tvs. The grounds are well kept and the environment was tranquil.
The hotel staff allowed us to check in early and even allowed us to upgrade our room without any hassle.
I also have to note that we ordered room service and the food from the hotel restaurant was delicious and affordably priced. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any travelers staying in Columbia, SC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lanyia
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Laniya,

Thank you so much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and taking time to let us know how we are doing. Glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy one of our two queen suites, two 42" HDTVs really become useful with family around.

Our team really tries to accommodate each and every guest request sincerely, as that is what we are all about at the Hilton Hotels’ properties. Our kitchen staff does a wonderful job and we are delighted to hear that you had chance to enjoy our nightly room service.

We thank you for recommending our property and helping other travelers make an informed decision. We will be awaiting your arrival on your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Came into this hotel after driving a long 8 hours and hitting a torrential hail and rain downpour just as we were entering Columbia. Needless to say, I was tired, but the welcome I received at the front desk made me feel so much better. I was extremely delighted to find that there was a restaurant open in the hotel even on a Sunday night until 9:00 pm. There didn't appear to be many restaurants in the direct vicinity so it was nice not to have to go out in the car again. The food and the service was wonderful both for dinner as well as breakfast the next day. The room was spotless and the beds divine!! I've stayed at Hilton properties because I'm an Honors member, but it's been a while since I've stayed at a Garden Inn. If they're all like this one, I'll be searching out Hilton Garden Inns again. Thank you for your hospitality!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear BJSteadman,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for your travel; and taking time to let us know how we are doing.

We are glad that you made it safely to our hotel as our team was ready to welcome and accommodate tired guests after a long day. Great American Grill is open nightly up to 9pm daily along with our room service and cook to order breakfast is the way to start morning. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast, and that you did not have to go back out. At Garden Inn, we have everything right where you need it! Our Garden Sleep System beds are surely one of the best.

We very much appreciate you choosing this property and your loyalty with Hilton Hotels. We hope to see you in future on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked an event for the weekend, and everything was great. Ashish (Gen. Mgr.) was extremely professional. Amber (Dir. of Sales) is the best facilitator I've seen. The hotel is an excellent venue for an event. The rooms, as is usual for Hilton Garden Inn, were wonderful. Good job HGI !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear DGrimaud,

We thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for your event and taking time to let us know how we are doing. I certainly appreciate your generous words and pleased to hear that the venue worked well for your event.

Amber is a growing star in hospitality sales and we are fortunate to have her on our team at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast. Our entire team was happy to host your event and we look forward to hosting your future events.