“Great staff, always clean, love it here!”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After searching for a consistently great hotel, I've been staying at this Hilton Garden Inn for a year now. I absolutely love it. The staff are excellent! They're always friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and have everything you want and need. The breakfast staff is fantastic and prompt, and the bartenders/dinner servers are the best! I definitely recommend this HGI over any other place in Columbia.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Whitney J
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

We thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Your kind words are appreciated very much. Being in hospitality industry, we live to hear from our guests and it makes our day when we are commended by our very loyal guests.

Our team takes pride in what they do and we try to do it with extra care for our guests, especially when they are away from home for so long. Stephanie our bartender and Turquoise our evening server, both are fantastic and they do make sure our guests have a great experience and feel at home on their each and every visit.

Thank you for recommending our property and we look forward to having your back soon on your next visit to Columbia, SC. We will be waiting.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have traveled for years and stayed consistently at many hotels. The HGI here is the best hotel I have stayed at. The staff provides excellent service and will do whatever they can to meet any requests. They are friendly, yet professional and really make you feel welcomed and comfortable. Breakfast is great, they do not serve lunch, and dinner is good. They have a great bar and bartender. The rooms, fitness center, and main area are always extremely clean. They also clean daily as if its a new room instead of just touching up which I really appreciate. I travel for business, but this would be a great hotel for business travel or a family. It's also only about 10 to 15 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We thank you so much for the kind words for our team and our property. We feel very srongly that we cannot achieve level of product and service without having guests such as you to appreciate and value our efforts.

Our team really takes pride in what they do, right from the front office to the housekeeping to the F&B; we want to make sure that our guests are comfortable and cared for while they are away from home for such an extended time period. We are ideal hotel for business travel or pleasure as we have all of the amenities needed, Great American Grill, Pavilion Lounge, and certainly our indoor heated pool.

Hotel is indeed located conveniently to I-77 on Farrow Rd, only minutes from Columbia Downtown. Village at Sandhill is a very nice area for shopping, dining, movies and much more; located within a short 10 minute drive from the hotel on the Clemson Road.

Once again, we thank you for your kind words and continuous patronage. We will be awaiting your arrival next time on your trip to Columbia, SC and it is always pleasure having you at hour hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel. Our stay was on a Friday night and, apparently, some event was taking place at the hotel. Nevertheless, our checkin was fast and our room was quiet. Our window faced the rear of the hotel, looking into an undeveloped area behind the hotel and quite peaceful.

The room is large and quite pleasant: the furniture newish and clean; the bed very comfortable.

The hotel is located near I-77 in northeast Columbia and easy to find when exiting the highway. Chain restaurants are nearby and a town center-style open air mall is within a 10-minute drive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so delighted to hear that you came back to stay with us as it was the Parents Weekend at the University of South Carolina along with USC Gamecock home football game. Our rooms are well designed to meet your needs and to provide the comfort to all travelers. Our indoor heated pool is sure to make it a luxury on a cool day outside.

Hotel is indeed located conveniently to I-77 on Farrow Rd, only minutes from Columbia Downtown. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the Village at Sandhill. A very nice area for shopping, dining, movies and much more... Village at Sandhill is located within a short 10 minute drive from the hotel on the Clemson Road.

We thank you for choosing our property again and we hope to see you back with us on your next visit to Columbia, SC as our team will be awaiting your arrival.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a new facility and everything was fantastic. I stayed here for 6 weeks on business with the option to stay at any other Hilton property I wanted..this one is awesome. The breakfast is great, dinner was ehh, but who cares the food in SC is really good anyway. Indoor pool kinda sucks when you wanna get a little sun, but Myrtle Beach is only a couple hours away..so is Hilton Head GOLF..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We appreciate you choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast as we are the newest Garden Inn in Columbia, SC. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Great American Grill restaurant as we do serve cook to order breakfast made just the way you like it.

Outdoor pool would be ideal during the summer time in South Carolina; however, with indoor heated pool and spa, we can keep the pool open year around. Columbia, SC is very centrally located as Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head are just a short drive away. Hope you were able to enjoy SC as you enjoyed our property.

Again, we thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and we will be awaiting you arrival on you next visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I had one of the best experiences dealing with this hotel. The staff members went above and beyond the scope of service. The General Manager, Ashi Desai was very helpful executing the layout for my reunion. Mallory also was very helpful in orchestrating this event to make it a success. We also had our banquet at the hotel. The food was outstanding! Chef Anthony, really knows his way around the kitchen, his food is not just ordinary food but you can tell he makes his food out of love. The mac & cheese is to die for! The service manager Jaron was very helpful making sure everything was in order and very attentive to our needs. The breakfast staff was impeccable, Gregory & Persphone must be commended for their excellent customer service. Larry & Bill must be recognized for their attention to detail an exceptional job well done! I couldn't have chosen a better place to make my family feel welcome in Columbia, SC.My family liked it so much some of them stayed an extra day! My family has even gone as far as adopting some of the staff and invited some of them to our next reunion in Memphis, TN. One of my aunts is even making a wedding dress for one of the staff members, that how personable we have gotten with each other.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

It was our pleasure hosting Spinks /Franklin Family Reunion as we are pleased to hear back from you to see how you all have enjoyed our property so much. This makes our day and puts a smile on face of each and every team member that their hard work was much appreciated.

Malary is indeed a rising star in the making as she helped very much and made sure that we were communicating. As Bill and Larry sure hold thing down on weekends. Chef Anthony is a veteran of the hospitality and a seasoned pro as he done many events flawlessly at our property. He takes lots of pride in food and menus he puts together, your words have certainly made his day.

Persephone and Gregory are surely the stars of the breakfast as they know how to put a smile on a face and to make their day. I am delighted to hear that lots of connections were made as hospitality industry is all about relations and experiences. I cannot thank you enough for letting us know how much you and your family enjoyed our newly built Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast.

We thank you for your kind words and we hope to serve you and your family for future events.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

In the last two days I have hosted my third professional business meeting in this hotel. Their meeting rooms are good size, and easily accomodated the needs of my team of twenty plus professionals, they were fantastic in both execution and set-up, and were always there and willing to help when we asked for it.

On Thursday the 25th we enjoyed the "Executive Deli Buffet" and were served by Gregory, one of the finest most professional customer service individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. Several members of my general Management team commented on his service, and were continually wowed by his performance.

The rooms where we stayed were outstanding and were keeping with the highest levels of cleanliness, and service that this staff obviously provides itself on delivering.

Breakfast in the downstairs cafe was as wonderful as we've come to expect and again the service was impeccable.

On Thursday the 26th we once again used the services in the meeting room, and this time enjoyed the "Fiesta Buffet" luncheon. We were once again given "legendary" service by the whole team, and enjoyed this luncheon even more than the previous one.

All in all this was a top notch experience, and I plan to continue hosting all of my meeting at this location well into the future. Thanks HGI Columbia NE. You all really show the heart of your commitment to service on a daily basis, and make your customers feel valued. Great Job!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast as your kind words keep our spirits high. I am glad that you and your team had a wonderful experience our meeting facility for both days.

Gregory is truly a star of the banquet lunch service as he has many compliments to his credit already; we all are delighted to have him on our team as he has become an asset for our F&B team and a service leader. What makes Gregory an outstanding individual is his ability to understand needs of each guest and accommodate every need possible.

Our housekeeping team works tirelessly to keep the rooms cleanest possible as our entire team is always committed to providing the best of the products and service to each and every guest.

We look forward to having you in future along with your group. It is our pleasure to serve you. Your humble gestures will a long way in keeping our team's morale up. Our guests are the reason why we are here and we will continue to put our best foot forward.

Thank you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel after checking out from another hotel in Columbia that was "not up to par" (see my other reviews). After coming from the old hotel to this hotel, I was in heaven. The hotel is situated on the northern part of Columbia and is in a more business centric area of the town. It's about 15 minutes from Fort Jackson and conveniently located off exit 19 on I-77. It's somewhat hidden behind some trees so don't go too fast off the exit or you may miss it.

Checking in was a breeze and the front desk guy was extremely nice. As a HHonors Diamond Member, I was upgraded to a larger room. The room was large with the usual awesome beds at Hilton Garden Inn hotels. The room was clean and smelled fresh. This is actually a feat in the area because the humidity in the summer can make hotel rooms extremely muggy and uncomfortable at the lower budget stops. Lighting in the room was great and I found the internet connection to be fast. At night, the rooms were very quiet. On a note of caution, there is a train in the area of the hotel and you can hear it some days at odd times. This wasn't a big deal to me because my home is located near a train track, so I'm fairly used to the noise...but it may bug some folks.

Breakfast in the morning was great. If you're not a HHonors Elite member, it will run you $9.95, but there's a lot of food for the value. There aren't a lot of options immediately in the area, unless you're looking for a Waffle House. Everything else is located at exit 17 off I-77 (Outback, Chili's, Ihop, etc) The hotel staff was all awesome. Everyone seemed to enjoy their jobs, or at least give off that vibe and it made the experience all the better. Parking for the hotel is a bit limited when the hotel is completely sold out. Some people made their own parking spots. Overall, it was an excellent stay. if I ever find myself in the area again, I'd happily stay there and would recommend it to you.

Room Tip: Get a front side room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank goldarch
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

It is indeed a delight to hear back from one of our loyal Hilton guests. We thank you for choosing our property and we value your kind words. We are located in Columbia Northeast business district, convenient to many of the businesses and a short 10 minute drive away from the Fort Jackson. We are glad you found our location to be easily accessible.

I am glad to hear that you got a chance to enjoy our Garden Sleep System mattress as it is the trademark feature of our guest rooms. Keeping guest rooms fresh is always a challenge in Columbia, SC with 100 degree heat and humidity, however, this building has AAON system to keep the positive air pressure and it keeps pumping in cool fresh air.

Cook to Order breakfast is worth the price of $9.95. We do have a good variety menu at the Great American Grill and bar for dinner and room service; however, many restaurants are nearby with a short drive. Village at Sandhill is just minutes away, it offers shopping, dining and movies. Again, we are located centrally on I-77 Farrow Rd and just 15 minutes from Columbia Downtown.

It will be our pleasure to have back at our property on your next visit to Columbia, SC and we are thankful to you for choosing our newest Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast.