“Worthy of the Hilton Name”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is hotel is about a mile off the interstate. Travel can get confusing because you are at the junction of I-77 and I-20 so be careful you don't miss a quickie exit. The staff are very friendly and competent. Sometimes you get one without the other but not in this case. The front desk staff was polite and the housekeepers and food service staff were friendly as well. No complaints at all about this new hotel and my wife and I are hotel snobs! :-) The beds are air adjustable and were very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers or couples.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was quiet with good views of the courtyard down below.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Please accept my sincere thanks for your kind words and taking time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you did enjoy our Garden Sleep System mattress as it is one of the best in the hotel industry. Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast and our team will be awaiting your arrival on future visit to Columbia, SC.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is nice, easy to find and clean. However, I would expect more from a Hilton. We stayed twice this week on separate occasions. Each time there were stains on the carpet in each suite, the blanket for the roll out couch is like a hard mattress cover not a real blanket, and there were items under the bed from someone else. I called down and asked for a real blanket and was told they don't have any to send up. The breakfast was cold, not kind of warm, cold. So, the stay was just average. I have had better stays at the Holiday Inn. Not impressed for our first stay at a Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2012
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Let me thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know how we are doing. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with blankets on our sofa bed and breakfast. We make every effort to provide very best of services and products, as these issues we will be closely looked and will be resolved. We thank you for bring this our attention and hope to see you on your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was part of a group of about ten co-workers who spent three weeks at this hotel in April of 2011. The very first night of my trip, I went down to the bar (which, at that point, still had not obtained their liquor license for Sunday evening), ordered a hamburger, and when it arrived, there was a dead gnat resting on a tomato. They tried to make it up to me by sending me a bottle of wine as a weird gift basket (put together from things in their convenience store -- the chips was nice ... the shaving cream was an odd addition), but no matter how much time passes, it will always be in my mind the hotel with the gnat hamburger.

The hotel is nice, the rooms are standard Garden Inn fare and the, breakfast, not bad -- and, trust me, I was always in the lookout. If you do not have a car, you are unfortunately isolated at the hotel -- especially at night, since the roads leading up to the fast food places down the street, do not have sidewalks, and so a walk to and from dinner becomes very dangerous.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank surreyuk
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

We thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. April 2011, we were open for just barely 2 months. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience at the newly opened property. As we have become one the top properties in Hilton Garden Inn brand and have come a long way with improving our products and services we offer. We strive to change to create memorable experiences for our guests and 100% satisfaction is guaranteed. We hope that in future if you return to Columbia, SC, give us an opportunity serve you.

Ashish Desai
GM.Columbia@HotelEvolution.Net

Reviewed February 13, 2012

The room was excellent as well as the staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

We are delighted to hear from you that we were able to exceed your expectations at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast on Farrow Rd I-77. Our rooms are well appointed to provide an exceptional experience and our team is always ready to meet the needs of our guests. We hope to see you on your future visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I recently completed a one-night stay at the Farrow Road Hilton--and will definitely return! The staff was more than accomodating and polite. I stayed in an evolution King room. The beds were amazing, and the room was very spacious and included a 42" plasma tv. I ordered room service on Monday night--the Chicken Alfredo was cooked to perfection. Unfortunately, I did not take advantage of the cooked-to-order breakfast the next morning, but everything looked delicious. The hotel is easy to access from I-77 and is just far enough outside of 'downtown' to be very comfortable. The parking lots were well lit as well. I will definitely return to this location for my next visit to Columbia!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

We greatly appreciate the time and effort that you took to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay here with us at HGI Columbia/Northeast at Farrow Rd. Glad that you like the television with 40+ HD channels we have and you enjoyed our room. Your compliments to the restaurants are very much appreciated by the F&B team. We are centrally located easy access form I-77 and short drive from downtown via 277. We will be awaiting your arrival on your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed with kids and found hotel to be a good value. Indoor pool was small, but clean atmosphere. Food was decent and service very accommodating. Would stay again if opportunity arose.

• Stayed: January 2012
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

We are glad that you were able to enjoy our facility, especially the indoor heated pool. Being winter time, it is indeed a treat. We were delighted to host your family on your trip and if you are visiting Columbia, SC in future, please be sure to give us a call. Our team is very appreciative of your warm words and I will be sure to pass this on. Thank you.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Nice and quite, lot's of places to eat at the next exit, will stay again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin L
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

We thank you for choosing our new Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast for you recent business trip. We are located near Two Notch Rd and Village at Sandhills, both locations are ideal for dinner. We will await your arrival to our property on you future visit and thank you again for staying with us the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast.