“Nice hotel but trains run in the middle of the night.”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 29, 2011

All the reviews are correct, nice, new modern hotel. Check-in was fast and pleasant with warm
cookies. I booked a king Jr. suite with a AAA discount of $101. I'm a gold Hilton honors member
so breakfast is complimentary for myself and any guests that I have.

The hotel is not directly seen from I-77 which I like. A lot of the new hotels are right along the
highways and you get a lot of road noise. No road noise here, but definitely train noise. At 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. trains came blasting through and my room actually vibrated. Needless to say, a good night's sleep was NOT had. For this reason alone, I wouldn't stay here again.

The room itself was nice and they have central A/C instead of the box like most Hilton Garden Inns. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. There were more
TV channels than a lot of other hotels. Breakfast was good with fresh blackberries and
pineapple, lots of cereals and danish and made to order hot items.

I used the business center and the internet was very slow. I checked out the exercise room
and it is all Precor with individual TV's. No complaints.

If you are a light sleeper, the trains will prevent you from getting a good night's sleep. Both
my husband and myself were very tired in the morning.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask if the rooms in the front of the hotel are quieter than the back of the hot...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatNick007
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Northeast. I would like to thank you for your comments and for letting us know about your experiences with us. I would like to apologize for the train noise. We understand that a good night's sleep is very important and hopefully we can get an opportunity to serve you again as the rooms away from railroad provide much better insulation. Our goal is to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction to every guest each and every time that they stay with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Bad service except for Stephanie at the bar, everyone else wasn't around or couldn't be bothered. If your into trains you can expect one everynight nice and loud. The place felt abandoned nothing around it either, stay at the hilton in Columbiana Drive

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience at our location. I would first like to apologize for the feeling that "no one was around". That is definately not the case with our staff; we do care and we want to correct matters so that you're satisfied. However based on your reporting, I do understand your frustration, and again, I apologize. I hope this particular stay doesn't discourage you from choosing our location again in the future, as I know our service level is significantly above what you experienced. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ashish Desai, GM
gm.columbia@hotelevolution.net

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Overall very nice fairly new hotel, great rooms and staff was very helpful. The mattresses were great! We might even buy one for our home! Stayed here for USC parents weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mkomd
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

We are delighted to hear from you that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in your future visit Columbia, SC.

Ashish Desai, GM

Reviewed October 7, 2011

The welcome and service throughout our stay was excellent from check in, to dinner, to breakfast, well above average, and the food was very good-well done Chef Antony. The hotel is sparkling new, and the jacuzzi and pool large and open until midnight. Very convenient for I77.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gwgMimsFlorida

We do thank you for letting us know how we are doing. Our staff is pleased to know that their efforts were appreciated. We hope to have you back with us soon on your next trip.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very nice hotel - clean and quite with easy access to I-77. The "cooked to order" breakfast was a bit to be desired, but would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We thank you for staying with us and very much appreciate your input and positive comments. As a new hotel we are continously working towards improving our product and services. Upon your next visit with us, please let us know what we could have done differently at our freshly cooked to order breakfast. Again, many thanks to you for your kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Fairly new property, clean fresh and consistant, staff welcoming and helpful, facilities clean and all in all more than sufficent for business or pleasure.

Gym was nice, pool was also decent, little patio outside pool to soak up sunshine.

Room was a standard king, fridge, micro, workspace and good lighting.

I like it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 2worldtravelersnj

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Thank you again for staying with us and for making the HGI Columbia/Northeast your hotel of choice in the Columbia, SC!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Booked two rooms for our family while driving to the beach for vacation. The hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the rate was fair. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank WALSTIB7

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your generous words. TripAdvisor is one of the top site to which travelers refer to as they plan their trip. Your comments certainly are helpful. Thank you again and we hope to see you on you next visit to Columbia, SC.