“Rude and overpriced!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Columbia, SC
“Rude and overpriced!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I were treated really poorly at this place. We eat at a wide range of places, but we will never be back to MoMo's. Try Tombo Grill, Motor Supply or anywhere else. It was the terrible attitude of our server that truly ruined our experience.

• Visited May 2012

“Not what it was cracked up to be”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I feel like this place was completely overrated. I have long been disappointed with the so called "fine dining" establishments in Columbia though. The food was okay- but out of 4 foodies we all decided that the French fries that came with one of our entrees was the star of the show. Again, not what I would have expected. The steak was good, order that if you go. One of the members of my party got a seafood dish that she didn't eat, one person got a salad that didn't have half of the ingredients that were listed on the menu. However, the place was clean and there was no wait (we were the only ones in the restaurant).

1 Thank TNSel
Columbia
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went to Momo's on the recommendation of a friend. The food was awesome! I only downgraded the service because the server was unfamiliar with some the dishes. She described the special with totally different sides than the ones that it arrived with. That said it was delicious.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I went in for dinner on Friday night... The service was incredilble... The Seafood Belmar was to die for... My wife had the scallops and enjoyed it as well.

Hands down one of my best fine dining experience...

• Visited July 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Terribly, TERRIBLY Overpriced and snooty as can be.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Absolutely killin' me, here. We had plans to go to lunch at a particular restaurant and unfortunately it was closed for the day. In comes "Momo's Bistro.

When we read the sign "Bistro", we thought nice, laid back haunt with nice coffees, wines, cheeses, sandwiches, pastas and soups. We've been to France AND Italy, and believe me, that's what a bistro is; a nice little quaint neighborhood delicatessen plus a few extras.

This was certainly not a bistro.

It was incredibly expensive and had probably the most limited menu I've ever been confronted with.

They had something on the menu referred to as "Chef's Corner", in which the Chef cooked something of your own personal creation, namely a unique omelet to your own specifications (being that this was "Sunday Brunch" ha! It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon). Also the array of food included muffins, bagels, fruits, etc. that you'd probably expect to find at any 2 star hotel's continental breakfast. More to the point, there were several flies enjoying the area far more than I ever could've, so my table decided to let them have it and retract our orders for "Chef's Corner". We realized that the smell of burned food and smoke that filled the "bistro" was indeed from this area, where the "chef" had been leaving his mark on yet another atrocity.

The other thing that really disappointed me with "Momo's Bistro" was the fact that they charge so much for their wines. We had 4 glasses of "house cabernet", which rang to the tune of $48.00 @ $12/pc. While the wine was decent, it (in our opinions) was far from being worth this much money, after all we did order a "house cabernet". When we got home, we googled what kind of wine it was and an entire bottle costs roughly $22. In addition to the fact that we paid $12 per glass, the portions poured into the glasses were tiny. You'd typically expect to pay half as much and get twice the serving at any other restaurant.

Overall, we ended up paying $91 for 4 glasses of wine and 1 entree. Absolutely ridiculous.

Do yourself a favor and buy your own bottle of wine for $22 and then drink it at home.

• Visited July 2012