“Fun for all ages”

EdVenture Children's Museum
Ranked #8 of 109 things to do in Columbia
More attraction details
Owner description: EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC is ready to take you on an interactive journey that will open doors to new ways of exploring your world. From romping through the amazing anatomy of EDDIE(R), the world's largest child, to firefighting on a full-size fire truck or discovering the mysteries of DNA, EdVenture is the perfect destination for curious minds and the ultimate launch pad for sparking imaginations! Behind EdVenture's doors, are nine world-class exhibit galleries, a library, learning laboratories, resource centers and other visitor amenities. Two additional outdoor gallery spaces are located just outside the museum's front doors. Within the total 92,000 square feet that is EdVenture Children's Museum, there are more than 350 individual hands-on experiences!
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family, including our 4 year old has visited several times. It was a lot of fun watching her experience each zone on her own. We had a blast. Her favorite has to be the grocery store and farm. Although the construction and craft areas are a close second. For parents, if you need a break the craft room or outdoor play area are a great timeout for you. However, be prepared for wet children if the play with the boats. If your children are under 3, the 3 and under room is a perfect place for a nice little break. We have gone twice on our own and once with a birthday party, enjoyed ourselves both times. Worth the money for a day worth of exploration!

There are newer reviews for EdVenture Children's Museum

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My children just love Edventure. There are activities for all levels of children and plenty of things to do. The only downfall is the admission that is charged for parents and kids. Unlike the zoo where there are enjoyment for the adults, this is pretty much just a place for children.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stopped in to break up a long drive and I was glad we did. We showed up 2 hours before close on Sunday. It wasn't too busy, thankfully. Originally I was surprised that I had to pay full price for my 14 month old, but once we got into some of the exhibits I realized that there was so much for her to play with that I didn't mind. Our 4 year old also enjoyed it but I can see where older children would get bored quickly
We started with the butterfly exhibit. That was very disappointing. There were 2 butterflies. I have been to other butterfly exhibits other places where even when it is a slow day there are dozens of butterflies.
As for the other exhibits they were great. We loved the little kid play area where our 1 year old could run free for awhile and not worry about getting ran over. I think the most popular area though was where they had giant foam blocks where my husband and son built giant towers using almost every block. They had a fantastic time and would have stayed in that area longer, but a lot of the displays closed half an hour before closing time. If I would have know that we would have made our way up there first and explored a few more of their craft activities first.
The last half an hour we ran through as much as we could to try to at least see what they had to offer. I know some post mentioned the mess and displays not being put back. We did not run into that exploring it so close to closing time. Everything had be put back and I almost felt bad letting the kids mess it all up.
Overall we loved it and would definitely say you need at least three to four hours to really explore it all. Also remember they start closing certain areas early, so prioritize. Thankfully it wasn't overwhelmingly busy and I appreciated it being very clean. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Thisgirl111
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Edventure Chidren's museum was a fun place to spend an afternoon. It was very clean, and easy to navigate. The employees were friendly. However, I thought it was a little ridiculous that my 19 month old had to pay full price admission. My son (4 1/2) had a lot of fun though.
There is lots to do for any age range. The giant "Eddy" in the entrance is actually a slide/climbing structure where you can see how the body digests food. There is a cooking kitchen where kids can make "pizza", a grocery store, a fire truck exhibit, a building zone (my son loved that). There were a lot of similarities to the Children's Museum of Charleston.
The museum has a café, which we did not visit. The gift shop was disappointing.
Overall, it was a fun place to visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My 11 year old had a great time there. Ed is humongous and easy to navigate. We left for lunch and then came back to have some more fun.

1  Thank Paul J

Been to EdVenture Children's Museum? Share your experiences!