“A day with Ed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of EdVenture Children's Museum

EdVenture Children's Museum
Ranked #8 of 108 things to do in Columbia
More attraction details
Owner description: EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC is ready to take you on an interactive journey that will open doors to new ways of exploring your world. From romping through the amazing anatomy of EDDIE(R), the world's largest child, to firefighting on a full-size fire truck or discovering the mysteries of DNA, EdVenture is the perfect destination for curious minds and the ultimate launch pad for sparking imaginations! Behind EdVenture's doors, are nine world-class exhibit galleries, a library, learning laboratories, resource centers and other visitor amenities. Two additional outdoor gallery spaces are located just outside the museum's front doors. Within the total 92,000 square feet that is EdVenture Children's Museum, there are more than 350 individual hands-on experiences!
Charlotte, North Carolina
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A day with Ed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Took 5 year old son on a rainy day and he had a great time.He did all the exhibits he was interested in in around 5 hrs. They do need to repair parts of some exhibits that doesn't work.The hours we went wasn't too crowded at all but as we were leaving more people were showing up and I could see that each exhibit could get very busy.This place is great for young kids with its entertainment and education.

Lexington, South Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Rainy Day Activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My almost 4 year old had a blast here. I'd been in the building before, but never went all the way through it with my children. There was so much to do, and I could definitely see us coming back. All of the hands-on activities are great for kids and it gives them a really good place to learn while burning off some energy. I can't speak to the price because we had free guest passes, however I saw on their website that memberships start at around $100 for a family of 4. If you were to visit multiple times throughout the year with your young children, it would be a pretty good investment for a great rainy day activity.

Visited December 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“So much to do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My children had a GREAT time here. I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old, and there was plenty to entertain the both of them. There were some activities that were geared more towards older children, and some that were geared toward the younger set, so I feel like no matter the age, kids will love this place. I liked how for the older activities, there always seemed to be an area for younger kids to play right beside it, so I could keep both happy at once. And there were also plenty of things they enjoyed doing together. Everything was very clean and there was an employee keeping some of the busier areas picked up and organized. Very impressed. Price was a little steep for just 3 of us, but we spent a little over 3 hours here, so it was still a nice activity for the day.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Brittany G
Columbia, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not too impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I know that Edventure is supposed to be the greatest children's entertainment facility in Columbia. However, i took my niece there last weekend and was totally unimpressed. The admission price of 11.00 each for all over the age of ONE was a bit too high, but might have been worth it IF all exhibits had been open and operational. They were not. I would say a conservative estimate would be 60% were functional with an additional 15% unusable due to things not being put back in order after use by other kids. We went early in the day so i can only imagine what it might have been like after lunch. I just think it would have been a better experience for these first timers if there had been more staff on hand to assist the kids with activities. Won't be going again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Valleysailor
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What an EdVenture!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My children LOVED all of the activities and exhibits at EdVenture. They enjoyed all of the hands-on learning experiences that were fun and quite entertaining. I loved the fact that they were learning while having lots of fun AND that they were able to share with me exactly what they saw and learned. We spent almost 3 hours @ EdVenture and not a minute was wasted!

Visited March 2013

Been to EdVenture Children's Museum? Share your experiences!