“Nice variety of tacos”

Cantina 76
Ranked #50 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cantina 76 is a lively, independently owned restaurant and bar that specializes in fresh Mexican-inspired cuisine and signature margaritas; providing a fast yet satisfying dining experience in a casual, upbeat atmosphere with seating inside and out at two locations in Columbia, S.C. and one in downtown Greenville, S.C. Margaritas are hand-crafted using elements like agave nectar, fresh lime juice and variations such as muddled strawberries and basil. Full of fresh, unique ingredients, the menu includes a large assortment of imaginative tacos, as well as enchiladas, nachos, salads, quesadillas, chimichangas, soups and sides. Sauces, dressings and salsas are made in-house daily, and the bar is stocked with a selection of premium tequilas. This comfortable, inviting restaurant and bar is a go-to for families, couples, young professionals, the business community and college students – perfect for a night out and drinks with friends or a quick meal with coworkers during a lunch break. Cantina 76 was founded in 2009 by four college friends in Columbia, S.C. A popular neighborhood restaurant and bar serving fresh, Mexican-inspired cuisine, Cantina 76 expanded to Columbia’s Main Street in 2013. Its first out-of-town expansion is to ONE City Plaza in downtown Greenville, S.C., in 2016.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Nice variety of tacos”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

While I prefer to drive to Charlotte for my favorite tacos, Columbia definately benefits from the creativity and selection provided by Cantina 76. Now open on Sundays, which I really appreciate. Have enjoyed a couple shrimp and fish versions and definately thought the trio dip sampler with queso, quacamole and a sweet fresh salsa were quite yummy. The tacos could be filled up with ingredients a little more for my best review but I just order extra slaw and guacamole and it's fine.

Visited February 2014

Columbia
“Great Mexican”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great service, food and overall quality fresh mexican food, not too many places like this around anymore. def you should try it out!

Visited February 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Gereat food friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've been to the cantina 76 twice both times for lunch. What I had the first time was so good I had the same thing the second time. 3 soft tacos one with the beef brisket, 1 Peruvian Shrimp, and 1 grilled shrimp.each one without standing in their own regard. The Peruvian Shrimp tomewasa must try. The margaritas looked delicious since I was on a lunch break it was tea for me. Our server was fast, friendly and obviously well trained. The owner Chad was there both times over seeing everything and helping out when needed. This restaurant shows all the signs of a well run establishment. A must visit if you're I the mood for outstanding food and service. I can't wait to get back.

• Visited February 2014
South Carolina
“Nice option in the USC area...”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

chips n salsa
Peruvian shrimp taco
bbq brisket taco
beef enchilada

No standard free chips n salsa while waiting for your order to arrive,you can purchase the items,which we ended up doing.
My Peruvian shrimp taco was delicious,crunchy,sweet and hot all in one.
The beef enchilada we ended up sharing and both found it to be ok.
The little lady had the bbq brisket taco and found it to be ok as well.
The dining area is rather large and we opted to sit beside the fireplace on the chilly day we visited.
Its clean and the staff were all pleasant.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CarolinaCoopers
Spring Hill, Florida
“Peruvian Shrimp Tacos are Outstanding!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I ate at the new Cantina 76 location (1301 Main St, Columbia, SC) last night. It's not listed here (only the original Cantina 76 on Devine St has a listing), but I'll give my feedback anyhow.

All of the food was good to very good with one exception...the Peruvian Shrimp Tacos are some of the best food I have ever had in my life! They were way beyond very good. We will go back for more of these!

The service was very good. It was fairly crowded on a Friday night, but we were seated quickly and our food came out soon after ordering it. The only bad thing I can say about it is that it is loud - very loud. Lots of glass and sound reflecting surfaces that make for poor acoustics. That, however, will not keep us from going back!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JoeS0
WWEB, Owner at Cantina 76, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words. Sorry about the noise. Our first round of acoustical tiles will be installed this weekend. We are adding more in a few weeks. It should feel much better the next time you visit. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Cantina 76? Share your experiences!