“Great food, Excellent Value and Friendly Staff”
Review of Cantina 76

Cantina 76
Ranked #55 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Cantina 76 is a lively, independently owned restaurant and bar that specializes in fresh Mexican-inspired cuisine and signature margaritas; providing a fast yet satisfying dining experience in a casual, upbeat atmosphere with seating inside and out at two locations in Columbia, S.C. and one in downtown Greenville, S.C. Margaritas are hand-crafted using elements like agave nectar, fresh lime juice and variations such as muddled strawberries and basil. Full of fresh, unique ingredients, the menu includes a large assortment of imaginative tacos, as well as enchiladas, nachos, salads, quesadillas, chimichangas, soups and sides. Sauces, dressings and salsas are made in-house daily, and the bar is stocked with a selection of premium tequilas. This comfortable, inviting restaurant and bar is a go-to for families, couples, young professionals, the business community and college students – perfect for a night out and drinks with friends or a quick meal with coworkers during a lunch break. Cantina 76 was founded in 2009 by four college friends in Columbia, S.C. A popular neighborhood restaurant and bar serving fresh, Mexican-inspired cuisine, Cantina 76 expanded to Columbia’s Main Street in 2013. Its first out-of-town expansion is to ONE City Plaza in downtown Greenville, S.C., in 2016.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food, Excellent Value and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our visit to Columbia, SC. The wait on a Friday night was about 45 minutes, but it was well worth it. I'm a vegetarian and had a veggie taco and veggie nachos. Both were great. My wife had the two tacos (I can't remember what kind) and she really liked them. She's pregnant so we didn't have any drinks, but the drinks looked really good. With us just having water to drink to total came to just $20. It was a lot of really good food for the price. As good as the food was, the service was even better. Everyone was very friendly and our waitress stopped by several times to refill our water and make sure we had everything we need. I highly recommend Cantina 76!

• Visited May 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Trendy place”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I like the atmosphere. A lot of people are into the margaritas but I don't like them that much. The food is average and a little over priced but I keep going back.

Visited April 2013
Columbus, OH
“Yummy tacos and excellent salsa!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I eat lots of mexican/tex mex food. I rarely find a salsa that I really like and this place has one! I also really enjoyed my tacos - I wish I'd taken them up on their corn tortillas, but the flour ones had a good body - think and tasty. The brisket taco was my favorite. I also enjoyed the traditional. My third taco was the pork - I wasn't a big fan of the vinegary sauce on the slaw topping, but I don't enjoy those flavors in general. The meat itself was really good.
My friends also enjoyed their meals. One friend had the chicken quesadillas - I had a bite...pretty good, but a little too many crunchy onions for my taste - if you like your onions that way, you'll enjoy! We all had a different margarita - no frozen ones here. We were all happy with our selections. I'd read another review that their 'ritas weren't "too sweet". I ordered one they said was one of their sweeter ones, and it was not the sugary sweet you get in many other places, but it was very good.
We shared the brownie desert - it came out warm with the scoop of ice cream. The flavor was very nice, but the brownie was a bit crumbly on the palate.
Overall, I'd go back if I ever find myself in Columbia again!

• Visited April 2013
Naples, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a group dinner here for a birthday. I had the smoked pork taco which was amazing and the salsa was truly the best salsa I've ever had. I didn't have a margarita but they're apparently amazing (4 people in our group had them and said they were wonderful). Definitely add this to your list of great restaurants to try in Columbia.

• Visited April 2013
Columbia
“Great tacos and margaritas!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food!!!! If you are looking for great specialty tacos you will fine them at Cantina 76. Nice menu selection and full bar. Fast service. Covered patio! Great location near 5 points in Columbia, SC.

• Visited March 2013