“Inexpensive oysters and lively bar!”
Review of Pearlz Oyster Bar

Pearlz Oyster Bar
Ranked #17 of 993 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Original, Eclectic Little Oyster BarPearlz Oyster Bar is committed to serving only the best seafood South Carolina has to offer. Our Seafood Menu features an assorted mix of raw shellfish, local seafood, Lowcountry recipes, and regional favorites. Our raw bar offers a variety of oysters and fresh seasonal shellfish. We're also a part of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative, so eating at Pearlz is good for both the palate and the planet.A full-service bar serving the coldest beers and unique, refreshing cocktails, Pearlz has become a favorite happy hour meeting spot for both locals and visitors alike.Patrons looking for a nightcap and a bite to eat can order from our late night menu, which features several of Pearlz' signature dishes.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The oysters were fresh, huge, and tasty. Three dozen later, I left very satisfied and full. Bar was lively and the vibe great. The bartenders were very busy so I can excuse the lack of attention at times. They could learn to smile, though...but that's ok. I would definitely recommend!

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Stephen, thank you for reviewing Pearlz! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to taking care of you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Pearlz Oyster Bar

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this place out for oysters and drinks on a Saturday night. There was a 30-minute wait for a table, but we eventually found seats at the bar near the guys shucking oysters, which was way better anyway. Our order of a dozen raw oysters was delicious. My husband enjoyed a house brew. My Bloody Mary, which included an oyster, was one of the better I've ever had. My husband even got a free oyster with his beer so he wouldn't feel left out. The service was great and it was just a fun place to hang out. We'll definitely come back during the week to take advantage of their happy hour specials.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are so happy that you and your husband enjoyed everything and that our staff took great care of you. We look forward to taking care of you two again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was the busiest of nights. A homecoming victory night. The hostess, said there would be an hour wait, took my phone number. Friends & I agreed everywhere was packed.
We we set down drink orders, appetizer ordered ( Beaufort oysters) quickly served! Delicious, main entrees order, shortly our beautifully displayed, wonderfully tasty meals delivered. Again very crowded, staff worked hard checked beverages often, asked if anything needed, & back during the meal to check if all was well.
We chose loud crowed place, yet nothing over the top, but food, and presentation!
If you love oysters & more. I recommend Pearlz highly.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Paula, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your group waiting for us an a busy night, and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience enough to wait for us! We look forward to taking care of you again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I really enjoyed myself at this restaurant. The atmosphere was great, people were friendly, and the food was wonderful. I selected a cup of gumbo as an appetizer and the scallops with grilled asparagus and a seasonal side of kale. Everything was great. I was nervous about ordering scallops since they are so easily overcooked. These scallops were perfectly cooked. The kale sauteed in olive oil with mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic was the best kale side dish I have ever eaten. The wait person was attentive without being intrusive.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything and we look forward to taking care of you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped in for dinner with my wife on a Sunday evening with trepidation about ordering seafood on a Sunday. We were worried for nothing. Oysters on the half shell were fresh, tasty and not washed (some places rinse their oysters but the serious places don't. Rinsing removes most of the taste). Fried oysters also excellent and not oily at all. Served with a delicious not overwhelming creamy blue cheese sauce as well as a red spicy sauce. Fish and chips (thick potato chip style not French fries) were tasty and not oily. My linguine with garlic, oil and clams was very well done. Al sentence pasta, roasted fresh garlic and clams. All portions, except the pasta were correct. Too little pasta (but many clams! Don't get it. Why skimp on linguine which costs pennies). But I am quibbling. The atmosphere was lively and fun and sports-barrish. A tad loud but that was ok. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for choosing Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are so happy that you and your wife enjoyed everything! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again soon!