“Fresh!”

Pearlz Oyster Bar
Ranked #18 of 965 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Original, Eclectic Little Oyster BarPearlz Oyster Bar is committed to serving only the best seafood South Carolina has to offer. Our Seafood Menu features an assorted mix of raw shellfish, local seafood, Lowcountry recipes, and regional favorites. Our raw bar offers a variety of oysters and fresh seasonal shellfish. We're also a part of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative, so eating at Pearlz is good for both the palate and the planet.A full-service bar serving the coldest beers and unique, refreshing cocktails, Pearlz has become a favorite happy hour meeting spot for both locals and visitors alike.Patrons looking for a nightcap and a bite to eat can order from our late night menu, which features several of Pearlz' signature dishes.
Washington, DC
“Fresh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited with business colleagues. We were walking by and saw one of the best salads ever! Okay, I know their primary featured food is oysters, but both times I visited, I got something else. The first visit for dinner I got the seafood cobb salad. What I enjoyed most was the freshness of the seafood. That is THE most important thing to me since I eat lots of seafood and I'm from the Eastern corridor. The other surprise was the corn fritters. I usually don't eat bread products or fried foods, but these were on the happy hour menu and I had to try them. OMG! I gained 2 pounds from eating them alone! The second visit, I ordered the crab and avocado tower, but ate a bit of everyone else's food at the table. The food was good, service was okay. The staff appeared to be from the local university and they didn't know much about food and wine or beer pairings and would disappear for long periods of time. Despite that, I would return for the food. Note, you might want to call ahead during happy hour; it was packed on a Wednesday night.

• Visited September 2013
thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Crysha, thank you so much for choosing Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything both times you visited us. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant had charm when we were walking along the Vista so we ducked in for an early dinner. I had a glass of white wine and looked over the menu. For once in my life, everything looked delicious on the menu! You will find spin offs of regular meals (oyster poboy) that somehow class it up and make it taste Delicious. And the wine hardly cost anything per glass! The atmosphere was lively and there were all sorts of age groups there. My date loved what he had too. I've been there three time and the food has always been delicious. I would definitely recomment going!

• Visited September 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for dining with us at Pearlz! We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“A real HAPPY Hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Oyster's on half shell 7.95 doz. Ice cold. Large steamed shrimp other soecials. Excellent drink prices. Bar staff awesome and manager was helpful with questions on parking and live music. Great atmosphere. We will go back. Oh, we drove 1.5 hrs for this treat. Charlotte is 20 from our house but they don't have anything close to this type of restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for making the trip to Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are happy to hear that our staff took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you again!
Columbia, South Carolina
“Extremely loud, great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

If catching up with a group of friends, I'd go elsewhere but to get close or people watch, this is the place. They do oysters very well and the other appetizers are great as well. Their calamari is always excellent.

Visited February 2013
Eagle River, Alaska
“A Surprising Gem in Columbia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

On a recent business trip, our hotel suggested this might be a nice place for drinks and dinner. We were not disappointed! Service was impeccable, Happy Hour sensational ($5 martinis) and great sandwiches. When back in town, this is definitely on my "return" list.

• Visited August 2013